• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

SO....regular light bulb vs heat bulb from pet stores???

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i got a cermic heat bulb last night didn't put it in because read on box that you have to have wire thing on it does anyone know if i can put it in a dome like i have the basking light in?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
for heat at night instead of the infered light i was thinking it was interruping jessy sleep so i was going to use the cermic heater instead

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
if your temps dont drop below 60 F you dont need to worry about night heat

sillydylan

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ive always used red heat bulb and my friend uses purple both 24 hours never inturrupts sleeping patterns

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i don't what the temps drops down to i have air condition going when i get up in morning before i turn on light on tank i check the temp and using it 80 on the hot side and 78on cool side is that bad or good

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No thats fine like i said as long as your house doesnt drop below 60 i wouldnt bother with night time heat. I dont run it on any of my BD tanks just have ther basking and UVB on a timer

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Although it doese get very warm in there natural habitat it doese cool down to that temp perhaps colder at night so no your fine if you keep it above 60. It never get below 68 in my house.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well then youll need a backup source of heat. All mine are in the living room and kitchen so if need be i can fire up the gas stove and keep that area warm enough. But i have never been over 2 hr without power.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
there was a time last fall when i forgot to turn the heater on before i went to bed and it did drop to 54 in the house but everyone was fine

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
bet that was a relieve we had a ice storm last two winter the first one the power went off for a week last winter it went off for a couple of days and i lost one of my anoles that i had then i hope nothing happens this winter

sillydylan

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
once last year when flame was just a baby and the power went out for two days and flame turned all white i had to keep him warm with my own body heat

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ya if you dont have a back up source that would work. Not sure how i would cuddle up with 50 some reptiles.