• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping dragon

Joycee

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! My beardie who I've had for almost 3 years, likes to sleep outside her tank. I'm okay with this but I'm hoping it's a normal behavior. I take her out almost every day so she can run around and get exercise. Then she'll find a corner or nook to wiggle in and then she's out like a light! I must admit, I'm still learning to be a good beardie mom! Thanks for any information and feedback!

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
She sleeps during the day when there are lights on? And this is every time you get her out to be active? She may be sick if she does this all the time.. It is okay for them to sleep at night outside the enclosure, i know people who sleep w their dragons (it seems unsafe to me as you could roll over and crush them).

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Also, make sure you have your lights on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours. I do mine at sunrise / sunset. Your dragon may not be getting enough sleep. I usually turn mine on at 7am and off at 7pm.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! My beardie who I've had for almost 3 years, likes to sleep outside her tank. I'm okay with this but I'm hoping it's a normal behavior. I take her out almost every day so she can run around and get exercise. Then she'll find a corner or nook to wiggle in and then she's out like a light! I must admit, I'm still learning to be a good beardie mom! Thanks for any information and feedback!
Your dragon should not be out more than 2 hrs at a time- if she is you need to set up a basking light for her to go to when out of the tank - dragons need no less than 4 hrs of basking time that includes UVB ---

Joycee

Bearded Dragon Egg
She sleeps during the day when there are lights on? And this is every time you get her out to be active? She may be sick if she does this all the time.. It is okay for them to sleep at night outside the enclosure, i know people who sleep w their dragons (it seems unsafe to me as you could roll over and crush them).
When she's in her tank, she's basking. When I take her out, she runs around then finds somewhere to sleep. I turn lights on around 7:30 am and off at 9 pm.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When she's in her tank, she's basking. When I take her out, she runs around then finds somewhere to sleep. I turn lights on around 7:30 am and off at 9 pm.
As long as shes getting basking time that is fine --- mine do the same thing -- hang out on the back of a chair in front of my LR window for about a hr or so then climb down on the seat crawl behind the pillow and take a nap -- after about a hr or so I put him back in his tank --

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
If she finds a dark area or is put in a dark area she may try to sleep. Mine used to nudge his head between the corner of the couch and sleep.

Joycee

Bearded Dragon Egg
As long as shes getting basking time that is fine --- mine do the same thing -- hang out on the back of a chair in front of my LR window for about a hr or so then climb down on the seat crawl behind the pillow and take a nap -- after about a hr or so I put him back in his tank --
Okay. Thanks for your help and experience!