• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Silkback Beardy Baby!

Should I wait to name him/her until I can properly figure out the sex?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

madz-cook

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got a 2.5 week old silkback beardy baby and I am in love as I've always wanted one. This is my first bearded dragon ever, but I've had a chameleon before. I need a different kind of substrate because when my beardy eats the crickets, he/she gets aspen in its mouth. Does anybody have any recommendations?

I have him/her in a 20 gallon tank until he/she gets bigger and so far it's working out great! I'm feeding about 5 crickets a day and have tried giving peaches and leafy greens but so far he/she has been uninterested.

I love his/her personality, very energetic and sweet. He/she runs across the cage to look at me and wave which is the cutest thing in the world. Hopefully it will stay like this, but I've also been told their personalities change after the first year.

I am thinking of either naming him/her "Peaches" or waiting until it's old enough to sex.

Attachments

• 3nU6dT17QJ+OocqLS9Lx6Q.jpg
    3nU6dT17QJ+OocqLS9Lx6Q.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5569.JPG
    IMG_5569.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 26

Somedudeonhisphone

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm still very new but in regards to the substrate as I understand you want to stay away from loose substrate such as sand dirt or the type you're using as well.

Babies seem to be clumsy and if enough is ingested they could get what's called impaction.

I'd probably ditch the Aspen and just opt for safe clean paper towels until he/she gets bigger and into a larger setup.

Smmdygor

Bearded Dragon Egg
Самый дешевый автоматический сервис накрутки в соцсетях: https://nakrutka24.com/ru/
Прайс: https://nakrutka24.com/ru/services
Примеры услуг:
Instagram Подписчики - от 30 руб
Instagram Лайки - от 30 руб
Instagram Просмотры - от 1 руб
YouTube Просмотры - от 70 руб
И много других видов накрутки. Для реселлеров предусмотрена скидка 20%. Для получения скидки зарегистрируйтесь, пополните баланс от 15$ и создайте тикет. Имеется API.

Перевод | Translation

The cheapest automatic cheat service in social networks – Smm Panel: https://nakrutka24.com
Price: https://nakrutka24.com/services
Examples of services:
Instagram Subscribers - from 30 rubles
Instagram Likes - from 30 rubles
Instagram Views - from 1 rub
YouTube Views - from 70 rubles
And many other types of wrapping. There is a 20% discount for resellers. To get a discount, register, top up your balance from $ 15 and create a ticket. There is an API.

Contacts/Контакты: https://nakrutka24.com/contacts

Knowinghades63

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm still very new but in regards to the substrate as I understand you want to stay away from loose substrate such as sand dirt or the type you're using as well.

Babies seem to be clumsy and if enough is ingested they could get what's called impaction.

I'd probably ditch the Aspen and just opt for safe clean paper towels until he/she gets bigger and into a larger setup.
I a

i agree with somedudeonhisphone. The substrate is to fine for your baby dragon. Your gonna wanna go with a mat. I picked one up for like 10 bucks at performance but I’m sure they’re cheaper online. And they’re washable.

madz-cook

Bearded Dragon Egg

thank you for this! I've been told to stay away but I wasn't sure if I should not use it at all or use it until I find a better substrate!

madz-cook

Bearded Dragon Egg
I a

i agree with somedudeonhisphone. The substrate is to fine for your baby dragon. Your gonna wanna go with a mat. I picked one up for like 10 bucks at performance but I’m sure they’re cheaper online. And they’re washable.
okay cool, i'm going to change the substrate right now. I have a mat that came with the tank

Somedudeonhisphone

Bearded Dragon Egg
okay cool, i'm going to change the substrate right now. I have a mat that came with the tank
Awesome! You should post a picture of the beautiful little silky?

Hey by the way I heard silkies need some possible lotioning or else they get stuck shed.

I heard coconut oil is a good natural lotion for them though not sure how true that is!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awww he/she is so cute! I would definitely suggest changing off of Aspen, Aspen is not a good bedding for bearded dragons you can use tile, paper towels, and reptile mats but I would not suggest using loose substrate when they are babies. When they are more of an adult you can use a bioactive setup but you would need to be careful.