• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Show us your enclosures

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
01010012.JPG
01010013.JPG
01010017.JPG
01010018.JPG
01010019.JPG
01010011.JPG

here is mine, just some insperation, excuse my dragons poo on his tail, i tried to get it off but he ran away and wont let me touch him so rather then stressing him out i let it be untill bath time tomorrow. i use a lot of rocks, as they hold in the heat.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i was noticing you had sand in one of your enclosure sand is very bad you should invest in tile
Just went back to newspaper. Couldn't do the sand thing, it was very temporary. Couldn't breathe in my own room, too many allergies :(

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks, can be dusty. You'll find what works for you, tile or something. Sorry to hear about the Allergies.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks, can be dusty. You'll find what works for you, tile or something. Sorry to hear about the Allergies.
I thought I was sick, couldn't breathe much for about a week, hence the NyQuil mentions in a couple posts... realized it was just the sand after I got better when not in my room for long periods. Cass is already mad at me for taking out her sand lol :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used to use 100% silicone, that works very well & held for years. The only drawback is that it takes 24 hrs to properly cure for strength & fumes & I had to have the enclosure on it's side during this time in order for it to hold in place. So I had to temporarily house the BD elsewhere while this was going on, like in the tub with a rock & basking bulb, or a rubbermaid bin. I have since found Hot Glue to be a very effective way to do it, that even seems to be stronger, with only 5-10 minutes cooling time. Both fastening compounds are easily removed from the glass with a razor scraper, should they later have to be removed or moved.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I used to use 100% silicone, that works very well & held for years. The only drawback is that it takes 24 hrs to properly cure for strength & fumes & I had to have the enclosure on it's side during this time in order for it to hold in place. So I had to temporarily house the BD elsewhere while this was going on, like in the tub with a rock & basking bulb, or a rubbermaid bin. I have since found Hot Glue to be a very effective way to do it, that even seems to be stronger, with only 5-10 minutes cooling time. Both fastening compounds are easily removed from the glass with a razor scraper, should they later have to be removed or moved.
It would make the design for my lid easier if I could mount it inside, and with the tall tank I would do better to have it inside the tank. Guess I should make another trip to the hardware store... within the next couple weeks.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
How did you get the UVB to mount on to the glass?

do you see the wire hangin in the back on top of tank i the are wraped around the light fixuter and put back and attached to my wall they used to be held up with suction cups and the wire but when i changed tanks tanks i couldn't get the suction cups to work again so the wire is the only holding it up it is putting tight it been in the same spot since i put it in there

Fabio Cozzoli

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Nice habitat.
Are the plants real? I have seen plastic ones but eh....don't do much for me. I would like to put in some cactus....should I use real or fake? I also like the idea of using tile for the bottom of the tank. I saw a picture of tiles and they look pretty cool.
No the plants are not real, although I wish they were, but then humidity becomes a problem. So fake plants are the only solution ;)
Tile is also a good idea for lining the bottom of the tank, a lot cheaper than having to buy replacement substrate every couple months, just make sure you disinfect it when you clean your lizards poo!

Thanks for the compliment by the way.

HerdOfTortoi

Bearded Dragon Egg
I pretty much forcibly stole them :eek:. Police involvement, the whole shooting match.

Rescues

It's an interesting read. I did house some of my Dragons together for a few months. I eventually ran into the original owner, that had them before the guy I took them from & found out that they were much older than my guesstimate.

I am always inspired by rescues, especially ones like this. Awesome work!

Pat B

Super Moderator
Here is Spike's new home. I am not finished but there is so much more room. I want to add a hammock and a shelf that he can climb up into. I like the enclosures that I have seen with the tile. More to follow.....:D

Attachments

• DSC00536.JPG
    DSC00536.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Here is Spike's new home. I am not finished but there is so much more room. I want to add a hammock and a shelf that he can climb up into. I like the enclosures that I have seen with the tile. More to follow.....:D
I like the cork and wood setup you have there :)
There are still some basic improvements that need to be made, I'm sure you're aware of them but just in case:
A digital thermometer at the very least in the basking spot directly under the light. You could be cooking your poor baby and not even knowing it. You need to put a protective cage around that heat lamp or move it to the outside of the screen, if there is a screen top. That alone could have caused the black tail tip if your dragon whipped the lamp with its tail.
There absolutely must be a UVB light. This is IMPERATIVE to the BD's growth and development. There are so many things that can go wrong without having one that I'm not going to list all of the issues.
I can't see any greens in there, but maybe there are a few at the very bottom of that dish that the camera doesn't show. Greens must be kept in the enclosure at all times to ensure that if they wanna nibble, they'll get the good fer you stuff.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
lol - I think she posted the pic of her old 20 gal by mistake ;)
Yeah, that's what I was suspecting *sigh* wasted advice :p. I was pretty sure I needed to add more to it anyway, I just couldn't remember what by the time I got to where I was at so I stopped. Darned Diamox.

Pat B

Super Moderator
DSC00548.jpg

Here is my enclosure as a work in progress. I love using the stones and wood. I want his habitat to be 'au natural'. I need to add some greenery but not sure what and maybe a hammock. I wonder if he would like a hammock?? Any suggestions would be welcome....thanks