• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Show us your enclosures

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
Here is Thistle basking. The basking temp is a perfect 106 degrees.
100_0448-001.JPG

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
I posted this picture because, if you have children, using hand sanitizer is a good habit to get in to. I bought a soap holder with suction cups and mounted it to the side of Thistles cage. That way every time the kids handle him, they wash their hands. I use it as well. It helps prevent salmonella. :)
100_0466-001.JPG

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i was noticing you had sand in one of your enclosure sand is very bad you should invest in tile
I have it in two of my enclosures. It's not calci sand and they are kept well hydrated. I do not keep my babies on it, however keeping adults on sand that is NOT calci sand is not a bad thing. Personal preferences aside, as long as you keep your husbandry up to par you can put them on plain old children's washed play sand.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I posted this picture because, if you have children, using hand sanitizer is a good habit to get in to. I bought a soap holder with suction cups and mounted it to the side of Thistles cage. That way every time the kids handle him, they wash their hands. I use it as well. It helps prevent salmonella. :)
View attachment 1593
I like that idea. I just keep mine by my tanks, but would be quite convenient!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My very first BD enclosure, Indoor\Outdoor Digital thermometer were purchased shortly after this pic was taken, I didn't know better either, at the time. 29 Gal. That is Drago, now 10 years old & keeping My niece.
Drago%201st%20003%20%28800%20x%20600%29.jpg

90 Gal
Sandy%20-%20Shelf%20Liner%20055%20%28800%20x%20600%29.jpg

90 Gal
Nitro%21%20045%20%28800%20x%20600%29.jpg

33 Gal & divided 208 Gal
New%20Substrate%20002%20%28450%20x%20600%29.jpg

Another 90 Gal
DemonArrow129.jpg

90 Gal & divided 208 Gal
2000KmMove006.jpg

Same With Children's Washed Playsand
SandSubstrate019.jpg

90 Gal with Mega Ray
2000KmMove018.jpg

33 Gal
2000KmMove008.jpg

Same with Children's Washed Playsand
SandSubstrate016.jpg

208 Divided
2000KmMove016.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Your BD's look very happy in their huge enclosures! Very well done. I think I'll raise my food in the tanks with sand. My dragons don't often scatter their food but occasionally I'll be picking it up from everywhere.

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
I love the idea of having the food dishes up off the ground and on a shelf. Also, I'm thinking of replacing the fake plants in Thistles home with a hammock. I think they would be safer. Plus he could get that much closer to his basking spot if he chose to. :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is what that bottom enclosure looked like, the night I stole my 2 rescues( Dinah & Arrow) & brought them home. Never had UVB, had never been fed prey, only lettuces & the odd banana, the heat bulb was kept so far away, it only shed light, kept on about 1/8"-1/4" of calci-sand, so covered in fine white dust you couldn't tell what color they were. Feet were black on the verge of necrotic, Dinah lost part of one toe over it. A beer box to climb on & that was it.

DinahArrow002.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't understand ... the question? How I got them away from the other owner or how did i separate them?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I don't understand ... the question? How I got them away from the other owner or how did i separate them?
Sorry, I blame the NyQuil. I was asking how you got the owner to part from them.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I pretty much forcibly stole them :eek:. Police involvement, the whole shooting match.

Rescues

It's an interesting read. I did house some of my Dragons together for a few months. I eventually ran into the original owner, that had them before the guy I took them from & found out that they were much older than my guesstimate.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I pretty much forcibly stole them :eek:. Police involvement, the whole shooting match.

Rescues

It's an interesting read. I did house some of my Dragons together for a few months. I eventually ran into the original owner, that had them before the guy I took them from & found out that they were much older than my guesstimate.
I'm glad you did! They were in a nasty living situation for sure :(. It's a good thing there are some people out there who care about the little guy and are willing to do something about it. Speak for those who can't speak for themselves, and all that.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do a search for BD setups, we recently posted a bunch all under that heading. Also, there's a place you can look for them under habitats and sample vivs.