• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shed or something else?

SandyCheeks

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, everyone! I was wondering if a more experience Beardie owner can help with Sandy’s pigment loss here. Is this normal shed or something else? Thank you!!
398A6BA2-9823-4A34-9B36-69B27A39120B.jpeg
4C780C2D-B255-407D-81A3-3D7D423A017D.jpeg

SandyCheeks

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ahhh thank you so much! I’ve been concerned because this is the first time it hasn’t been the entire head. At first I thought it was a burn, but it seems burns are black.
Anyway, thank you; you gave me some relief.

SandyCheeks

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just shed it will come off naturally.
If you see this- Do you know generally how long the shed takes after their initial growth spurts? This area is still like this now- maybe a bit bigger. The process used to be her entire head or legs or body and would be over in a week.
Thank you!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you see this- Do you know generally how long the shed takes after their initial growth spurts? This area is still like this now- maybe a bit bigger. The process used to be her entire head or legs or body and would be over in a week.
Thank you!!
Dragons shed in different places and different times --- sometimes it takes longer than other places --- just let it do its thing when you see it start to crackle and get real dry mist them in the tank take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush them it will loosen it or come off -- you will see them rubbing up on decor in the tank scratching themselves -

SandyCheeks

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dragons shed in different places and different times --- sometimes it takes longer than other places --- just let it do its thing when you see it start to crackle and get real dry mist them in the tank take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush them it will loosen it or come off -- you will see them rubbing up on decor in the tank scratching themselves -
Thank you! This eases my mind!

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Thank you!!
Yeah like Sadie said, shed can happen in patches or they can shed everywhere at once, and it can take a little while for it to completely come off. Just make sure you soak them and use the soft baby toothbrush and it will come off eventually. Shedding is a sign of good health so there usually isn't any problems.

Latest posts