• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Self conscious dragon

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it just my deardie or do bearded dragons not like to be seen eating their veggies. Lol, mine will only eat his veggies when I'm not looking. Please tell me about your dragons
2e25d29114c201d5a2f9cbd533fbc8ff.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Some are like that. My girl Dexter goes through phases where she doesn't want me watching her eat and then times when she literally jumps at the bugs in my hands. They are so weird.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Some are like that. My girl Dexter goes through phases where she doesn't want me watching her eat and then times when she literally jumps at the bugs in my hands. They are so weird.
And cute

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

JasperMoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My Jasper seems to be the same way, although my daughter's dragon, Moon, will enthusiastically chow down when I put the bowl in front of her. She just went to town on her butternut squash earlier today, it was so cute!

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Snowball will stare at you if you even glance at him eating his greens. It's like he doesn't want to be seen eating the healthy stuff I handfeed him his worms (no crickets) and he sure makes a big show of it there. I swear he knows just the right way to make a hornworm squirt at you.

chris dalley

Bearded Dragon Egg
my buddy is the same way. can never catch him eating greens and if i hold one in my hand he looks away with that classic "nope" look on his face. yet when i offer meal worms in my hand for a small treat he runs straight for them and will even put his hand on top of mine and look up at me wanting more.

GojiraMama

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sometimes Gojira wants to eat his salad unobserved. Other days he won't eat anything if I don't hand feed him; for an adult male with his history he is astonishingly gentle!

He enjoys meeting new people, but when he reaches his attention-received limit in public he acts self-conscious & will invariably scale my torso like a rock climber, usually up the left side, until he can tuck into the side of my neck & paw very gently at me with a front foot. If he's really just done with all mammals for the day, he tries to cram his 470+ grams of spiky completely behind my ear. He's very expressive, and subtle about it, for a reptile!

Troy allen

Bearded Dragon Egg
The tweezers get attacked when there’s a beastie on the end of it, however, Ralph is the same way with veggies. He stares at them, then me...then back and I’ll notice a movement from the corner of my eye and he’s chowing on Kale or such.