• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sanitizing outdoor rocks

TKG

Bearded Dragon Egg
I found the perfect basking rock for Chloe today in our back yard. I scrubbed it with antibacterial soap and am boiling it for about a half an hour. Has anyone used natural material like a rock from the outdoors for their dragons tank? How did you sanitize it?
Thanks!

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have for my aquarium. I did a bleach soke (1/19 bleach/water). Then used a decloranator then let it air dry for a week then rewashed(just water)

Reactions: TKG

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ive used many rocks from outside. Just give them a good scrub and they are fine. There is nothing that lives on a rock that would be dangerous to your dragon. You can use a vinegar solution or a quat cleaner (F10 for instance) if you are really worried about it, or the boiling you did will also do the trick without any question too.

Reactions: TKG