• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sand pit

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
Iv just put a sand pit in guccis tank as i read about females needing a place to lay eggs even if they havent been bread and she does enjoy a good dig lol
Shes dug her way right in to the corner straight away could this just be her happy to have some sand back? lol
also she licked the sand straight away too :/ its sterilised play sand and the rest of the tank if tiled with newspaper over the top
shes just turned a yr could she be burrowing to lay eggs?
just wondered :) thanks guys
20120306_132938 digg small.jpg

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Is the sand loose or is it wet a little? If she needs to lay and the sand is too loose she won't be able to dig a burrow because it will keep caving in, but that's if she needs to lay. Other than when they need to lay eggs, I would take the sand out.

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
Okay i have no idea shes just been scratching a bit when she goes in her home so i thought she might want some sand atm the sand is loose is there any way i can tell if she is wanting to lay?

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
i think it was the inital omg sand!!!
cos shes not really gone in it since that day we put it in the iv seen she may have while iv been at work but ye i think ill leave it in for now her foods at the other end of her tank i think she must just enjoy a good dig lol ^.^ thank youuu :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i think it was the inital omg sand!!!
cos shes not really gone in it since that day we put it in the iv seen she may have while iv been at work but ye i think ill leave it in for now her foods at the other end of her tank i think she must just enjoy a good dig lol ^.^ thank youuu :)
Have you dug through it to make sure there were no eggs?

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
Ye i do agree we shouldnt baby her so much lol a dig isnt gona harm her shes actually not bothered with it since that first day so im sure its all good :) thankyoou