• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

safe materials and design ideas for beardie habitat

dirtydan88

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
what are safe materials to make things for the beardies to climb/bask on as well as hide in i was going to try and make a cave with almost steps onto the top for them to bask it would have to be big enough for 2 full grown beardies. any suggestions?

lunastic

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey I found these things online. Pretty useful. I want to add one more thing. When it comes to lighting, I would recommend Zilla desert series bulbs just because they're the ones I feel safest with when it comes to my beardie.
--------------

# Places to bask and rest
Your bearded dragon wants comfortable places to spend most of his day. Since most of his day involves sitting still warming up or cooling off, make sure he has nice spots for these tasks. Beardies like a nice high perch with a good view for basking. Some dragons like to lie down horizontally, while others seem to prefer sitting angled upwards. In Australia, bearded dragons are often observed clinging to vertical fence posts and tree stumps. For sleeping, many dragons like a close, confined hiding place where they can feel safe from large predators.

# Things to Climb
Bearded dragons are active lizards, and like to climb around. Put some sturdy angled branches or twisty grapewood into the enclosure, and you'll probably see the dragon climbing and exploring. It is very important to make sure that the branches are well anchored and stable, especially for juveniles, so that the dragons do not receive injuries from heavy things falling on them.

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Please provide more info. As I have mentioned in another forum, it appears you have joined a few forums under different names (same IP address though) advertising this light. We appreciate your contributions but would like you to contribute in more ways before hopping from forum to forum advertising your light bulbs. Thanks.