• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Research Study - How Big is Your Beardie?

Jovamabob

Bearded Dragon Egg
So im conducting a small research study where my aim is to collect peoples Bearded Dragons weight, length and age. I'd be noting down all this info into a table and eventually, when i have enough info, i want to be able to create an 'average' length/weight vs age growth chart and a length vs weight chart. Im asking on here since i know they are most likely to be well cared for and would produce more reliable data than asking pet stores etc. When i've got all the info i need, i can post up my findings on here for you all to use if you wish :)

The only information that i will use is your dragons age, weight and length - none of your personal data, such as your name, will leave this post. There will be no discrimination if you guy is underweight, overweight, too small etc. If you have a juvenile, feel free to post each month as your baby grows (No more than one measurement per month please).

This is what you need to do:

1) How old is your dragon thought to be? Please fill this in as months up until the age of 2, then just the year will be sufficient. Ie. 23 months, 24 months then anything higher as 2 years, 3 years etc. This is to plot the growth of dragons up until they are expected to have stopped most of their lifetime growth. If you do not know the exact age of your dragon but have an educated guess, or your dragon is thought to be fully mature then feel free to write it in. If you have no idea of the age, then please wait until you do so i can make sure all info is reliable.

2) How long is your dragon? Please write this in Inches and if you are able i'd prefer it to be measured directly in inches rather than cm etc and then converted, though if you have to it's fine. In order to include those with tail-nips and overly long/short tails, please measure your beardie from nose tip to the tail base. I am classing this as to the line where the bottom of the legs end (Just after were the vent is). Here is Hige modelling! On this photo, where the arrow is, Hige would be 7.5 inches from nose to tail base.

tumblr_mbott9mf6Y1ry9h3jo2_500.jpg

3) How heavy is your dragon? This should be filled in in grams, and ideally would be done on digital scales for accuracy, although the dial kind are fine as long as they not 'out' as it were. Again, this would ideally be directly measured in grams rather than another measurement and converted but i'll accept it anyway :D Please place all of your pet on the scales, including tail. You can do this by placing a book or solid piece of card on to the scales, zeroing it, and then placing all your BD onto the flat surface. Here is Hige modelling again! (He hates cameras!) You can see Hige measures in at 395g.

tumblr_mbott9mf6Y1ry9h3jo1_1280.jpg

This would then be written as
Length: 7.5 inches
Weight: 395g

Thank you very much for participating! Please feel free to ask for a copy of the results to be emailed to you/pm'd. I'd be happy to send any of it :D

Please treat this post as still collecting data until i write on here that i'm no longer collecting any :D

Latest posts