• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescued Beardie Only Eats Insects

Joshuwah1000

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, all. This is my first post on this forum.

On October 19th this year, I rehoused a bearded dragon from a house that neglected him and two other beardies. I’m not sure on the age of my own, or the other two. They were all initially in a tank together, so the one I took has had a few toes bitten off, as well as his tail. My friend who has kept beardies in the past thinks that his growth is stunted due to malnourishment, as well. We’re pretty sure that they were all exclusively fed insects, but the other two that my friend took are eating vegetables like crazy. My beardie, Thorn, however, refuses to eat anything other than insects. He’s very mobile when he wants to be, and he’s for the most part alert. Excretion is happening just fine. I’ve tried kale, pumpkin, apple, carrot, and bell pepper, with no results. I also don’t think it’s any kind of stress, as he has gotten used to me handling him at this point. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24