• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescued a 2 year old female and need a little help

Shin&dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I’ve very recently rescued a 2 year old female bearded dragon, she’s my first dragon but I could not leave her
I’ve researched A LOT about them and have a manual, but there’s just a few things I need a little help with,

She came with aspen in her viv and I was told to take it out and change it as it was not good for her and could cause blockages,
So I’ve changed it to reptile sand and have now read mixed things about the sand and how it can cause all sorts of problems and mites is this true?
I’ve read about other people using tiles and hard surfaces like slate and carpet/wooden flooring would this be better than the sand?
Also, since I have replaced the aspen with sand, she is continuously digging and still trying to dig when she reaches the bottom of the viv! does anyone know why she would be doing this? Is it because she’s new to sand? Or is she trying to find a place to lay eggs? The previous owners I rescued her from didn’t say anything about her ever laying eggs before so this may be a new thing too.

She feeds on locusts and I have been putting plant based food out too with the calcium but she doesn’t seem to be touching it at all- should I be worried about this? as she needs the calcium!

She has a broken toe which looks awful and crooked but the previous owners left her with this toe for far too long and it’s now beyond repairing. Shes allowing me feel it and doesn’t seem like it’s hurting her or irritating her (I suppose she’s probably used to it now) and it isn’t stopping her from climbing or stopping her doing anything at all, she also has a nail missing on her rear foot- will this come back?
Sorry for all the questions, I’m just trying to be the best I can as she’s had it pretty hard
thank you all, and I’d love to hear back from you!

Shin&dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, that website is confusing, I wrote on there and tried to post a picture (which didn’t work) and now I can’t find my question to see if it’s had a response or and I can’t even log back on, i click log in and it reloads onto the same home page without logging me in :(

Shin&dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Take this post and all the info here w/ pics of the toe to this forum--- www.beardeddragon.org-- please tell us the husbandry you have besides the substrate- no loose substrates are good and yes tile or a textured non adhesive shelf liner-- would be better- there are people on that forum that have more experience w/ the toe thing than i- I can help w/ the diet and lighting but rather than have both conversations going on two different forums go there--
Hello, that website is confusing, I wrote on there and tried to post a picture (which didn’t work) and now I can’t find my question to see if it’s had a response or and I can’t even log back on, i click log in and it reloads onto the same home page without logging me in :(