• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptisun T8 10.0 UVB Light Fixture [Help]

Cristian Aviles-Morales

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi forums,

I've been searching and searching but can't find a answer that fills my exact concerns so maybe the forums can assist.

I have a new tube light that I want to install into my enclosure (4x2x2). However, I was at Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes and Petsmart and can not find a cabinet enclosure that is 2 ft / 24 inches.

I have a entire wood set up so no screen mesh on the top for a hood.

Can I just buy a LED 2' fixture and take out the LED to put the T8 Reptisun into instead?

And then when I found some fixtures that fit my needs as far as the T8 requirement and 24 inches and being fluorescent which is the reptisun (right...?) it is a Direct-Wire connection not a Plug and I can't open up my dry wall to run wires.

Any ideas anyone out there who also have reptisun 10.0 24" T8 without a hood?