• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Repti Shedding Aid by Zoo Med

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Back in November Dexter went through a weird shed. The base of her tail to the middle of her tail went first, then one front leg along with her chest and her lower belly by her vent, then back leg, tip of tail other back leg. It left this big yellow area of skin in the middle of her belly. I didn't think anything of it but 3 months later she still has it. She gets baths 2 times a week, I use a soft scrub toothbrush, nothing was getting it off. Of course I worried it was yellow fungus but it didn't get any bigger and it wasn't turning black or anything else. It just looked like real thick shed skin, so I bought some Repti Shedding Aid. The first few days I tried it, I didn't really think it would work. I came home today for lunch and the skin is actually starting to come off! I wish I would have taken a picture yesterday but here is what it looks like today. You can see the skin starting to come off her left side.

IMG_5452.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Good to know other people have had success with it. I can't wait to give her a bath later to see if the skin comes off!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It came off in one whole piece right after her bath! I didn't even realize it happened. I went back in the bathroom to wash my hands and it was laying on the floor! She's a big girl, I have to share:
IMG_5454.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow that's pretty great! I didn't expect that when I opened this thread! Anyone know what is in this stuff?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wow that's pretty great! I didn't expect that when I opened this thread! Anyone know what is in this stuff?

On the bottle it says "water, solubilizing hydrotrope, glycerin, jojoba oil and vitamin E acetate in an oil base"

I really didn't expect it to come off in one piece. When she gets out of the bath she always wants to climb me. I couldn't get a good view of her belly but since nothing came off in the bath, I rubbed a little more on her and thought "wow, the bath made the skin more tight"! Then I saw the big sheet of skin!