• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Remodeled 100 gallon

Tiberius

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all. First time here and wanted to get some feedback from you all. It's 125 gallon btw.. messed that up

I originally had on the floor artificial turf, the kind you buy at Home Depot in huge rolls or cut to size. I went with this first because it looked a little more natural and it was VERY tough. No way you could pull out the plastic turf. Except Blitz found a way. He started digging and digging until it started coming apart... and then he eats it.

I was concerned because of impaction, and sure enough he stopped pooping. Gave him his warm baths and eventually cleared up.

So after days of research of substrates.. I decided none were good because of one thing or another, ingesting, cleaning. Sand.. coco fiber.. topsoil etc etc. He would eventually ingest some when going after the crickets or discoids. So, to makes things easier and avoid problems, I went with pavers tiles.. the kind used to make driveways etc. also a couple jade plants. I didn't want to make it too busy.

They are cheap 98 cents each, they are rough... to file down his claws, nothing to ingest and also maintain the heat from the lamps, also easy to clean, just pull out and hose down. So tell me what you think, comments suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!
20190302_164909.jpg

Fumi

Hatchling Dragon
I'm glad Blitz did not get really sick from eating the turf! How old/big is he? Around 10 months old? So what are the measurements on the tank? I have a big slate piece taking up most of Elon's tank but I'm researching bioactive substrate now and will switch over to that soon. Does Blitz get bothered by seeing his reflection in the glass? The tank is very ZEN.

Jacob melanistic

Juvenile Dragon
no, i dont have a beardie- yet! i am just looking in to getting one and i know a TON about them so i just want to answer peoples questions. I LOVE helping people! #boyscout4life

also, i take care of a bearded dragon, but she is not mine. she is not white, i just like white beardies so i have one for my profile pic. when i get one, i want a snow!

Jacob melanistic

Juvenile Dragon
trust me, i love bearded dragons so much that I will get one, no matter what it takes. i just need money and to move out from my parents house. soon, my freind! very soon! also, what should i name him/her? i was thinking snow white if a girl, but idk a name for a boy.

Tiberius

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm glad Blitz did not get really sick from eating the turf! How old/big is he? Around 10 months old? So what are the measurements on the tank? I have a big slate piece taking up most of Elon's tank but I'm researching bioactive substrate now and will switch over to that soon. Does Blitz get bothered by seeing his reflection in the glass? The tank is very ZEN.

Hey Fumi, its 72 x 18 x 21". Actually he does haha Ive seen him run up to the glass a few times and sometimes scratch at it. But then realizes its him. Yeah hes about 11 months now.