• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Relief Tip for Beardie Suffering from Snow Blindness/Photo-Kerato-Conjunctivitis/Arc Welder Flash

zuesenddrag

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! This is my first post on this forum and I just wanted to share something I found out today in hopes that it helps out someone else who might go through the same thing.

We got a new bulb for our beardie pancake that caused snow blindness for her. She spent about a day and half keeping her eyes closed as much as possible while the UVB was off in her tank. We found out today that misting her face with room temperature filtered water encouraged her to start opening her eyes almost immediately and she felt comfortable keeping them open to explore. They recommend moisture and a cold compress for the same condition in people so I had the idea it might work for her and I think it does.

Seeing her personality come back once her eyes were able to be open made me really happy so I hope this post helps someone out.

-J

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! This is my first post on this forum and I just wanted to share something I found out today in hopes that it helps out someone else who might go through the same thing.

We got a new bulb for our beardie pancake that caused snow blindness for her. She spent about a day and half keeping her eyes closed as much as possible while the UVB was off in her tank. We found out today that misting her face with room temperature filtered water encouraged her to start opening her eyes almost immediately and she felt comfortable keeping them open to explore. They recommend moisture and a cold compress for the same condition in people so I had the idea it might work for her and I think it does.

Seeing her personality come back once her eyes were able to be open made me really happy so I hope this post helps someone out.

-J
What were you using for a UVB and what have you replaced it w/ ?