• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Relaxing

beardienewbie

Hatchling Dragon
Lives the hammock
IMG_20210621_220652.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oooo I would get rid of that fast, that has been known to cause issues, impaction, if its dusty it can cause an RI, i dont recommended sand for more than 30% of an enclosure to begin with… especially in his den, you want them sleeping on a surface (blanket, slate, tile,)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
This is my enclosure, to give u ideas on substrate, i have sand but its rated “play sand” (safer for dragons) , i have excavator clay, “stone desert” brand clay, reptibark, coco fiber, for a baby I would recommend paper towels, but you can do what you think is best.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Here ye go

Attachments

• CBF625F5-6835-434F-BF6E-2AA937D1972D.jpeg
    CBF625F5-6835-434F-BF6E-2AA937D1972D.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 7

beardienewbie

Hatchling Dragon
Oooo I would get rid of that fast, that has been known to cause issues, impaction, if its dusty it can cause an RI, i dont recommended sand for more than 30% of an enclosure to begin with… especially in his den, you want them sleeping on a surface (blanket, slate, tile,)
thank you. when i asked about it they said it was fine. even double checked with lots of online research. i will do anything i can and recommended to do always. he is my filler after losing a tortoise. so i'm focused on keeping him healthy and happy. i have leftover cloth substrate from when he was little

beardienewbie

Hatchling Dragon
Here ye go
i didn't want the enclosure to be crowded for him. plus i live in a somewhat secluded area and don't have close access to a pet store, and exotic pets is even more scarce. i have more than an hour drive for vets to see him and that's a college

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
thank you. when i asked about it they said it was fine. even double checked with lots of online research. i will do anything i can and recommended to do always. he is my filler after losing a tortoise. so i'm focused on keeping him healthy and happy. i have leftover cloth substrate from when he was little

I wouldn’t trust pet shops recommendations, they just want to sell you products you don’t necessarily need, if you want sand in the enclosure go to your local hardware store and in the garden section they’ll have 10-40lbs bags for kids sandboxes (make sure it says play sand) and i personally wouldn’t do more than half the enclosure in it, you want them to have as many different textures as possible to rub against and be in, Get him a good ole fashioned red brick.