• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re-Entering Beardie-Ship

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello!

Tip 1: make sure all your husbandry is good

Tip 2: make sure you have a UVB tube light

Tip 3: automatic timers for lights, it automatically turns the lights on and off in the morning and in the evening

Tip 4: don't feed mealworms

Tip 5: don't hold your bearded dragon Within 3 days or till she starts eating, whichever comes last

I know that most of these aren't really tips more of just general care but I thought that it should still be stated as pet stores don't tell you a lot of this stuff.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When she comes you want to make sure that she isn't dehydrated. Which can be pretty common for baby bearded dragons. When she first comes she most likely isn't going to want to eat, so don't be worried if she isn't eating within the first couple days.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My bearded dragons like curly mustard greens and endive with the occasional romaine lettuce. Where are you from? I didn't know dubia roaches were illegal anywhere!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello!

Tip 3: automatic timers for lights, it automatically turns the lights on and off in the morning and in the evening

Tip 5: don't hold your bearded dragon Within 3 days or till she starts eating, whichever comes last

I know that most of these aren't really tips more of just general care but I thought that it should still be stated as pet stores don't tell you a lot of this stuff.

Mentioning some additions to consider. :)
Tip 6: Make sure you get beardie calcium and vitamins

Tip 7: Make sure you have a good Digital Thermometer and Hygrometer reader

Tip 8: Pick up supplies to keep your crickets gut-loaded and hydrated

Karsong

Bearded Dragon Egg
@Silver dragons is there a reason why mealworms should not be fed? I have been feeding our beardie a few mealworms... on top of the dubias.

Hello!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
@Silver dragons is there a reason why mealworms should not be fed? I have been feeding our beardie a few mealworms... on top of the dubias.
Yes, I believe that mealworms should not be fed to baby or juvenile bearded dragons as they can cause impaction and are not that nutritious. Now I am going to state that mealworms are a very controversial subject among the bearded dragon community. I am just stating my opinion on the matter and reasons why I believe this. You can choose to believe whatever you want but I prefer not to take any risks.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes, I believe that mealworms should not be fed to baby or juvenile bearded dragons as they can cause impaction and are not that nutritious. Now I am going to state that mealworms are a very controversial subject among the bearded dragon community. I am just stating my opinion on the matter and reasons why I believe this. You can choose to believe whatever you want but I prefer not to take any risks.
Oh and I just wanted to add that I think they are just fine as a treat. I even sometimes give my bearded dragons them.

Karsong

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ah got it! Our beardie was having some wet stools so I was wondering if it was the mealworms. Will take a closer look, nonetheless. Phoenix worms I hear are great as well. Hoping to switch to those soon...