• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question about baby beardies

babiiqirlxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i currently have a 5 1/2 month old beardie and i want to get a baby one to raise it up from a baby :) im wondering if babies need more then juviniles. example heat certain foods ect. i really want to get a baby one but not until i know exactly how to raise it :) we got the one we have now from a friend of mine and i dont think they were taking proper care of him. but hes in good hands now :)

so any tips for raising a baby beardie?
thanks in advance <3

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well their temps are for basking, up to 110-120. Feed 3 times daily as many insects as they want for 15 minutes...Bath daily or every other day.... They most likely won't eat veggies right off....
Pretty much that is the difference.
Oh, Tom said to call him.. He has just the infant for you !
Janie.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just wanted to add my 2 cents and spell some things out a bit. First, babies eat more than juveniles. They have a lot of growing to do. They can eat anywhere from 25 - 75 crickets daily. This is typically done 2-3 times per day.

All food should be no larger than the space between their eyes. That goes for crickets and salad. Most babies do not eat salads right away, but it should still be offered daily.

Basking temps should be around 105 - 110F. The cool side should not go below 85F. Night temps should not go below 65F.

Babies eat a lot, so therefore, they poop a lot. Papertowels or reptile carpet are recommended. It's easy to discard.

I recommend daily baths for babies. A good 20 minute soak helps them hydrate and helps with the shedding process.

And a side note that you will want to get a separate viv for the baby.