• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Proper Humidity

BeardedDragonNamedSteve

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So I have not gotten a bearded dragon yet, but my terrarium has mixed humidity levels. It at 48% in the morning and then when I turn on the heat lamp for an hour it goes to 39% sometimes lower in the afternoon. So I would like some information about that thanks.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Those aren't bad levels at all. Recommended is 35-40%, and it's normal for it to go up a bit when the heat/lights are off.

BeardedDragonNamedSteve

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Those aren't bad levels at all. Recommended is 35-40%, and it's normal for it to go up a bit when the heat/lights are off.
I have gotten my bearded dragon now and I have removed the water source to experiment but now the humidity level is at 31% it is now 7:43 PM should I put my water source back in

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
I personally think there should always be a dish of water in the tank, even though he may never actually drink from it. Mine walks through his (it's very shallow and about 6 inches across), but I think that at least helps his feet shed, if nothing else. I don't think the water dish raises the humidity much, unless it's directly under the heat lamp(s).

BeardedDragonNamedSteve

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I personally think there should always be a dish of water in the tank, even though he may never actually drink from it. Mine walks through his (it's very shallow and about 6 inches across), but I think that at least helps his feet shed, if nothing else. I don't think the water dish raises the humidity much, unless it's directly under the heat lamp(s).
Thanks!