• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible blindness?

jennyk523

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I posted before my 6 month old beardie hasn't been eating normal for a few months. Last couple(2weeks) won't eat at all unless I force feed him. He did see a vet far from us about 6 weeks ago when I thought it could be parasites. Test was negative and trip cost my arm and leg so I cannot go back right now. I noticed he cannot get to his food and doesn't even move his head to look at them and will not chase crickets either. Food bowls have been in same spot since 2 weeks after we got them. Tried feeding him in separate tank but even from the beginning he would not eat anywhere but his tank. So i thought maybe he was tired of worms and crickets and got some roaches and still doesn't eat them. I've been force feeding him with tweezers because he will not eat from my hand or if I put infront of his face. His eyes are clear. And she didn't notice anything when she did his physical at vet.
I can put my finger all the way to about mm before his eye before he closes it. I attached picture of up close of his eye. Anyone else have this issue or have a blind beardie? I don't mind feeding him by hand he does just fine with me just wondering what other things I may need to know.we also have to place him in his basking spot cuz he likes to hide in a log all the time even though I finally got his temps and lighting perfect thanks to Kaylyn on here. He is well hydrated and not showing any signs of being sick. Just can't eat on his own. I also have to hand feed him greens and veggies daily. But he has never been a fan of those since day one. Any tips are appreciated. I'd upload a video but I don't know if you can on here

Attachments

• 20191117_090802.jpg
    20191117_090802.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11