• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help my bearded dragon gets here in 3 days and i went & picked up a brand new 75v

Jesskf

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please help! my bearded dragon gets here in 3 days, and i went & picked up a brand new 75 gallon tank today, but I dont now the best way to clean and disinfect the tank before putting everything into it?!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Please help! my bearded dragon gets here in 3 days, and i went & picked up a brand new 75 gallon tank today, but I dont now the best way to clean and disinfect the tank before putting everything into it?!
It probably has fish grime on it? Id spray it down with some soap and bleach let it set then go at the inside with a brand new razor blade to scrape off any crude, just make shure u really hose it out , you dont want the bleach smell to remain

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When I clean my guys tank I use a vinegar and water solution. 50/50 in a spray bottle. I scrub the heck out of it then rinse repeatedly to make sure mixture is gone. Then I take a grease rag (stole it from hubby) because it's thick and absorbent and doesn't leave little threads behind and wipe it down until it's dry and shiny. I think where yours is brand new you probably won't have to do a down and dirty scrubbing yet.

Jesskf

Bearded Dragon Egg
It probably has fish grime on it? Id spray it down with some soap and bleach let it set then go at the inside with a brand new razor blade to scrape off any crude, just make shure u really hose it out , you dont want the bleach smell to remain
Its brand new I got it from Petco yesterday lol

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its brand new I got it from Petco yesterday lol
You can get some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out to disinfect it -- it probably really doesnt need it but its good to have this stuff on hand --- vinegar and water 50-50 solution will also work - I have never used bleach in any of my tanks- I bought some F 10 vet disinfectant a while back the stuff is really good but you cant hardly find it anymore and if you do its in gallons - you can use some bleach and water just make sure you rinse it really good and let it sit so the smell is gone --