• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PLEASE HELP. I don't think it's a sperm plug.

artiverse

Bearded Dragon Egg
20190315000457.jpg

This is Sylvia. Sylvia is a rescue, and was at the time thought to be a girl... I have since come to find out that isn't the case (learned about femoral pores). Haven't renamed yet.

Sylvia has had some issues in the past with sperm plugs, old stool, etc getting stuck in his vent. I usually can give it a day or two and a few soaks. Maybe a gentle tug. No problems.

I was on a 3 day trip and came back to this. It was much smaller before taking this picture. I had done a soak, slowly working it out farther and tried to pull it... this is weird. I have never seen anything like it. It seems to be attached to something, and was slightly retracting when I pulled on it gently. Then I pressed on the vent and saw even more. I am panicked, to say the least.

Can anyone help me figure out what to do? What it is? The vet is closed and will be until Monday morning.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
to be quite Frank you need to get him to the vet or an animal hospital as that looks like it could be a prolapsed hemi pense. dont tug or pull on it . you can rub or dab some mineral oil on the area to ease discomfort but the vet really needs to check him out to rule out prolapse. I dont think it's a semen plug.

artiverse

Bearded Dragon Egg
to be quite Frank you need to get him to the vet or an animal hospital as that looks like it could be a prolapsed hemi pense. dont tug or pull on it . you can rub or dab some mineral oil on the area to ease discomfort but the vet really needs to check him out to rule out prolapse. I dont think it's a semen plug.
Update! All is well. I was thinking the same thing as you, prolapse. But it seems as though they were VERY LARGE seminal plugs. The vet removed them for me. Mr. Sylvia is doing much better now, he was very uncomfortable and just needed some help

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
I am so glad it wasn't bad, poor guy but I'm glad your giving him a new home where he'll get all the love and attention he deserves.
keep us updated on his progress.

Future’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
As a tip, regularly soaking your dragon helps avoid impaction and allows for the sperm plugs to loosen a lot easier. Hope that he is doing much better and having an easier time with those pesty plugs!