• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help, EMERGENCY. SICK NEGLECT CASE. MA AREA

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Hello everyone, as some of you know, I have a dragon named Zoey. We're going on vacation and i had to leave my baby at someone's house becausr they said they have one and she'd be okay. The beardie in their home is in horrible condition. MBV, sand, and overgrown nails. I helped as I could but I'm a minor and on my way to new hampshire now. Is there ANYONE in the massachusetts area who can help take him?? Please spread this, he needs desperate help. I don't want to publicly reveal my town but I'm in the massachusetts area. My baby will be okay because I left instructions but the adult named leo needs help. He's been in that situation for 7 years and I'm just a kid!! Someone please take him. The owners said they want to get rid of him so there would be no issues

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
you could also possibly drive up to take him from your state and i could give the info to some adults to sort it out. He MUST go to someone experienced. Seeing that was horrible and I'm sobbing while writing this. Someone please step up. I have 100 dollars that I could put tword helping him but I'm a minor so I can't do much I'm sorry. I might be able to supply him with a light or two as well. He's dying. Someone help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If they dont want the dragon they need to take it to a rescue place in the city they live ---

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
If they dont want the dragon they need to take it to a rescue place in the city they live ---
Yes I tried to say that but they don't want to do the effort. Do you know anyone specific that will take him? Or any specific rescues? Will they help him with his MVB?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey hun it’s so amazing how you care so much. It is very important to get him out of that situation so someone can help put a stop to him mbd. First thing you can do is search around your area for rescues who have room to take in another animal. If you find one just lie to Leo’s personal owner by saying you’ll take him off your hands and you can personally deliver it to the rescue. If you cannot find a rescue or anyone able to take him in... the next best thing to do is take a leap of faith and help him yourself until you find someone else to take care of him. Though it may feel like a stab in the dark it can be a great experience and learning opportunity. I remember I rescued my Cleo only a month into know how to take care of a bearded dragon so it was very scary but I knew it had to be done though for Cleo’s sake. Plus you have this awesome forum filled with knowledgeable people here to help you if you have any questions. Again whatever you choose will be the right thing to help little Leo out. He’s a fighter so once he gets the help he needs he’ll be living an awesome life :)

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Hey hun it’s so amazing how you care so much. It is very important to get him out of that situation so someone can help put a stop to him mbd. First thing you can do is search around your area for rescues who have room to take in another animal. If you find one just lie to Leo’s personal owner by saying you’ll take him off your hands and you can personally deliver it to the rescue. If you cannot find a rescue or anyone able to take him in... the next best thing to do is take a leap of faith and help him yourself until you find someone else to take care of him. Though it may feel like a stab in the dark it can be a great experience and learning opportunity. I remember I rescued my Cleo only a month into know how to take care of a bearded dragon so it was very scary but I knew it had to be done though for Cleo’s sake. Plus you have this awesome forum filled with knowledgeable people here to help you if you have any questions. Again whatever you choose will be the right thing to help little Leo out. He’s a fighter so once he gets the help he needs he’ll be living an awesome life :)
thank you so much for this!!! I'm in new hampshire but I've sent over some things for the lizard in the meantime. Not the best but better than nothing. If I go with a rescue I'll have to wait the five days because I'm on my way to the vacation place now. I honestly cannot beleive he's lived seven years so he's definitely a fighter.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes I tried to say that but they don't want to do the effort. Do you know anyone specific that will take him? Or any specific rescues? Will they help him with his MVB?
Sounds to me like they are waiting for the dragon to die and don't really care- I need the name of the town or closest to to Google area for rescues or you can - you can try the ASPCA they rescue animals -- these people are heartless to be doing this to a innocent dragon

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sounds to me like they are waiting for the dragon to die and don't really care- I need the name of the town or closest to to Google area for rescues or you can - you can try the ASPCA they rescue animals -- these people are heartless to be doing this to a innocent dragon
I’m with Sadie on this one. I’d definitely call them or report those people so that there is a file on them that they abused an animal. I so wish I lived in the states sometimes. If I could I’d so go and help this little baby

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Well we are in central Massachusetts and i dont want to give all of my info on the internet but I do want to help him. I sent him calcium multivitamins crickets and uvb (coil but it's temporary) so he's better than he was before . I'm on vacation so I can't drive him anywhere but I might be able to get him to a rescue with my friends mom to drivr him.

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I’m with Sadie on this one. I’d definitely call them or report those people so that there is a file on them that they abused an animal. I so wish I lived in the states sometimes. If I could I’d so go and help this little baby
I honestly don't know how to do that :( their son apparenly bought it a few years ago and dumped it at their house so they didn't know how to care for him. It's horrible, I really hope I can help him

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I honestly don't know how to do that :( their son apparenly bought it a few years ago and dumped it at their house so they didn't know how to care for him. It's horrible, I really hope I can help him
Not seeing the animal and from what you describe he's days are numbered- tbh I am surprised he's not having seizures- you can start w/ the ASPCA- look them up in your area get on the internet and start calling rescue centers- tell them the situation - if they can't help ask who can

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Well we are in central Massachusetts and i dont want to give all of my info on the internet but I do want to help him. I sent him calcium multivitamins crickets and uvb (coil but it's temporary) so he's better than he was before . I'm on vacation so I can't drive him anywhere but I might be able to get him to a rescue with my friends mom to drivr him.
I also live in centeral mass, are you looking for shelters In mass or New Hampshire?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
I also live in centeral mass, are you looking for shelters In mass or New Hampshire?
If your in Central mass, there is the reptile and amphibian refuge information and referral center in west Springfield MA. I’ve heard some good things but there is other options.

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Update: this is him. the owner said she'd have to check with her son to see if they could regime him, which is ridiculous. wish me luvk, I really hope I can help.

Attachments

• 645816027.jpg
    645816027.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 55

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please have the owner get him into a bath and see if he will drink he is either dehydrated or kidney issues going on w/ the bulging eyes- if he starts drinking really fast pull him or he will aspirate--- you do not want that-- have them give him bath time before he goes to bed and time enough to warm back up

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Honestly was expecting worse but he does look to be a decent weight and is at least basking which is really good news. As much as he’s really needing a bath I really wouldn’t trust the owner to do that maybe ask them to mist him with a spray bottle. The eye bulging could be a couple of things basically though it is caused by them opening a valve behind their eyes and filling the space around their eyes with blood. Either when they are shedding, sometimes a health issue and some beardies will do it simply because they are board. This valve can break preventing the blood from ever being drained again and therefor their eyes will stay bulging. That being said it may not be a health condition (here’s hoping). But truly there is a lot of hope for him and as long as you can get him out of there that’ll do him wonders. He is such a cutie ❤️

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: this is him. the owner said she'd have to check with her son to see if they could regime him, which is ridiculous. wish me luvk, I really hope I can help.
Bulging eyes can also indicate heart or renal issues too.
The dragon isn't shedding right?