• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picked up Phoenix

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
If you have them in Bowles that would help if they are in the enclosure. You just dont want them in the gravel and him eating a piece of it while trying to catch his food.

I was debating going to the dollar store and getting some glass bowls so they can't get out that way when I leave for work in the morning they're in there for him. Or just put fresh salad in the morning and worms when I get off.

I'm being the typical newbie parent here because he's acting a bit different than he did yesterday. There's probably nothing to actually worry about huh?

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah I would not worry right now they can act completely different one day to the next lol. Just watch for stuff like sneezing coughing and diarrhea. Of course also any outward things like sores or clouded eyes or weight loss. If you see stuff like that you need to see a vet.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh also just what I do. I feed veggies and pellets inside the cage replacing every morning and live food outside the enclosure. I use a large plastic bowl and put the dragons in then put the live food in with them. When they are done I either give them a bath or place them back in Their cage.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Oh also just what I do. I feed veggies and pellets inside the cage replacing every morning and live food outside the enclosure. I use a large plastic bowl and put the dragons in then put the live food in with them. When they are done I either give them a bath or place them back in Their cage.
I replaced the gravel for the sanichips that was previously in there because he started picking them up with his mouth. Didn't want one to accidentally go down and now he's digging all of the stuff making a complete mess. Probably because he got a bath today which he was fine with. Until he pooped in the bath then he wanted out right that second haha. It was definitely a solid piece

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410128263.522620.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410128272.424365.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410128280.221699.jpg

Doesn't seem to crowded does it?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just breathe. I used to freak out over every little thing Dexter did. "OMG, she looked at me, she's never done that, she must be dying". Just like us, they have their off days. They are always going to do something that is foreign to us because we don't know how bearded dragons are supposed to act. Maybe being aloof and not eating is the way they really are supposed to be!

He could also be adjusting to the changes you are making in his tank. Be careful with the wood chips getting into his water. As far as the salad, he'll eat it when he's ready but keep offering it. Did you check out the nutritional chart on BeautifulDragons.com? They are a real good source to learn what kind of greens are good. Things like kale, broccoli, spinach, good for us, not so good for them. I leave a salad every morning and sometimes I will leave a bowl of super worms if they are just waking up and I don't have time to sit and watch them eat. Lately, I've been leaving Dexter a bowl of super worms and I've been putting a few pieces of her greens in the bowl. This way at least the supers are eating the greens and she is eating the supers.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Just breathe. I used to freak out over every little thing Dexter did. "OMG, she looked at me, she's never done that, she must be dying". Just like us, they have their off days. They are always going to do something that is foreign to us because we don't know how bearded dragons are supposed to act. Maybe being aloof and not eating is the way they really are supposed to be!

He could also be adjusting to the changes you are making in his tank. Be careful with the wood chips getting into his water. As far as the salad, he'll eat it when he's ready but keep offering it. Did you check out the nutritional chart on BeautifulDragons.com? They are a real good source to learn what kind of greens are good. Things like kale, broccoli, spinach, good for us, not so good for them. I leave a salad every morning and sometimes I will leave a bowl of super worms if they are just waking up and I don't have time to sit and watch them eat. Lately, I've been leaving Dexter a bowl of super worms and I've been putting a few pieces of her greens in the bowl. This way at least the supers are eating the greens and she is eating the supers.

I did look at that. The sad thing is I have some learning to do with vegetables because I don't know there technical names haha. Luckily my girlfriend is a nutritionist major. I never hear the end of
What I'm eating though but owell. I wouldn't say freaking out so much as I'm just very curious to what's going on in his mind. The tiles don't line up all the way around which is why I'm trying to fill the gap. What would you recommend putting there?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know maybe push them all to one side and then put repticarpet in the empty space? I wanted to ask, when you went to Home Depot did you have to buy a box of tiles or could you only buy what you wanted? I think I need to go that route with Luci but getting a box of tile home is going to be tricky.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A lot of places will cut tile for you if you ask. So you could measure and have tiles cut to fit.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I don't know maybe push them all to one side and then put repticarpet in the empty space? I wanted to ask, when you went to Home Depot did you have to buy a box of tiles or could you only buy what you wanted? I think I need to go that route with Luci but getting a box of tile home is going to be tricky.

I bought them for 59cents a piece! Or you can buy a box of them for a bit cheaper per each one. but the box had way more then I needed

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Cool! Maybe I'll do that next weekend. Luci has repti carpet but he dances so much that most times I find him under the carpet LOL!

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
If only you guys were in AZ, I have a wetsaw at my place :p I'm thinking newspaper under tile if you dont want to do repticarpet though, fast and easy to replace :)

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
If only you guys were in AZ, I have a wetsaw at my place :p I'm thinking newspaper under tile if you dont want to do repticarpet though, fast and easy to replace :)

I love in San Diego I will drive out right now kidding I'm over this heat and I'm sure you have it worse!