• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picked up Phoenix

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I try to be helpful as much as I can. I'm online WAY too much even when I should be working, LOL!

He looks like he has really made himself at home with you, that's great! He looks like a real sweetheart. I'm not sure about the cool side. I think 85 is the max but I'm not sure.

I am so over summer too. Today we finally caught a break and it was in the low 70's. I took Dexter and Luci out on their leashes but they weren't having any of it. Luci tried to run under my porch (good think he was on the leash). Seeing him outside though, looks like he is in the process of starting a nasty shed, whole body, head, tail, everything.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I try to be helpful as much as I can. I'm online WAY too much even when I should be working, LOL!

He looks like he has really made himself at home with you, that's great! He looks like a real sweetheart. I'm not sure about the cool side. I think 85 is the max but I'm not sure.

I am so over summer too. Today we finally caught a break and it was in the low 70's. I took Dexter and Luci out on their leashes but they weren't having any of it. Luci tried to run under my porch (good think he was on the leash). Seeing him outside though, looks like he is in the process of starting a nasty shed, whole body, head, tail, everything.

I have the tapatalk app on my phone so I'm constantly on here and other forums (have a ball python as well) good news is the only social media I have is Instagram so besides this and that I'm not hooked on to my phone haha.

Are those leashes a good investment?! And I hope he makes himself at home and that he's happy I hate not knowing what he's actually thinking so I'm learning the clues.

I will probably end up caving and building my own melamine enclosure again. Kinda wish I didn't tear the first one apart because it would have been perfect size.

Realistically I want a 5ft by 2.5 by 2.5 and custom build the caves and ledges. Maybe when it's not 95 degrees outside

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think they are uf you are taking them outside. I about lost mine when he jumped off my shoulder and ran into the bushes. They move much faster given the space than you would think.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410052120.696399.jpg

And what morph does he look like? Just a normal? Haha

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I think they are uf you are taking them outside. I about lost mine when he jumped off my shoulder and ran into the bushes. They move much faster given the space than you would think.

I watched him run across my living room and start climbing the stairs pretty quickly. Looked like he was at a jungle gym for the first time as a kid haha

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Yep normal not a leather back or trans. Not hypo either. But he has sone great barring. I think he is an extremely nice Dragon.

thank you! I'm curious if there's a white "albino" bearded dragon that would be cool. How big is your tank?

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ive not seen an albino but im sure they happen. Look at fire and ice dragons they have some nice white ones.
Right now mine are in a 29 and 36 gallon aquarium but they have about out grew them now so im about to build either a 5' or 6' long by 2' wide and high for each. That should be their long term homes.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wouldn't take Luci outside without a leash. I got mine from walkingwithdragons, she has a page on Etsy. He's a quick one. We let him run loose in the front room and he climbs up the ottoman onto the papasan chair and then JUMPS off the chair and does it all again. He's like a flying squirrel! I hope he realizes when he gets heavier he can't jump like that.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Ive not seen an albino but im sure they happen. Look at fire and ice dragons they have some nice white ones.
Right now mine are in a 29 and 36 gallon aquarium but they have about out grew them now so im about to build either a 5' or 6' long by 2' wide and high for each. That should be their long term homes.

Well I'm down to take on the challenge! We can have a build off

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol wish I could but right now im still getting my plans together and amassing funds for the project lol. Ill make a thread when I start though if you want to check it out. You should make one too when you get started.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
So Phoenix ate like a dozen superworms yesterday and that was it. This morning he only ate 1 superworm and still no salad.

Should I leave him be for awhile and try later? My acurite thermometer said the lowest the temp got was 78 last night

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's fine, he's pretty big he might not want to eat everyday.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
That's fine, he's pretty big he might not want to eat everyday.

I will still offer the salad daily. I feel like I should invest in a superworm dish so they can't get out that way I can leave a dozen in there on days I have work if he's "not in the mood"

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I got mine at the dollar store. Dexter gets a shorter one because she's so fat and Luci does fine with a taller one.
20140907_130240.jpg 20140907_130253.jpg

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410118556.179762.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410118564.680980.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410118575.096147.jpg

Went to Home Depot and picked up some tiles and gravel to redo his enclosure I wasn't a big fan of the bedding it came with. Plus he always made a huge mess with it haha.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Be careful with the gravel especially if you feed inside the enclosure.

I have his salad in a bowl in there but the only time he's actually ate was Saturday morning he ate like 12 superworms and I had him on top of the enclosure just so it's easier on me to catch the worms haha. He ate one this morning when he got up. I gave him a bath at like noon. Then he ate like 4 more. Still hasn't touched the salad.

Doesn't seem as active today either. He's alert and moving but he hasn't been running around like a mad man

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If you have them in Bowles that would help if they are in the enclosure. You just dont want them in the gravel and him eating a piece of it while trying to catch his food.