• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picked up Phoenix

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409972054.218902.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409972067.885009.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409972207.869119.jpg

So I picked up Phoenix and this tub because the tank he came in was cracked. It's 3 foot by 2 foot by like 16" high. He's roughly 2 years old. Active but docile at the same time. Let me know what you think of the enclosure

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
yeah what i would do then is if there is room on top just drill a hole to mount the bulb or you could even get like a clamp dome light and put the bulb in there and mount it that way some domes even come with ""guards"" i am not sure if a dome for something like that would have a guard i believe it might just be the bigger domes but then you could also drill a hole for the dome light and place like chicken wire or something over that hole and the light fixture on top.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
yeah what i would do then is if there is room on top just drill a hole to mount the bulb or you could even get like a clamp dome light and put the bulb in there and mount it that way some domes even come with ""guards"" i am not sure if a dome for something like that would have a guard i believe it might just be the bigger domes but then you could also drill a hole for the dome light and place like chicken wire or something over that hole and the light fixture on top.

I was thinking of cutting a square and using mesh to cover it and keep the domes on top

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Looks good though, whats the substrate?

Thanks I was worried I want him to be healthy and have fun not feel crammed. Probably end up caving and getting the animal plastics tank for beardies since rumor has it they have one haha. It's crazy to see him sleep. Kinda worries me at the same time because I'm not use to it

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would change the lighting, he is going to burn himself on that bulb. He's very handsome though! Glad he's so docile for you.

@RaidenMarshall up close it looks like coco fiber but then it looks like sawdust so I'm not sure.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I would change the lighting, he is going to burn himself on that bulb. He's very handsome though! Glad he's so docile for you.

@RaidenMarshall up close it looks like coco fiber but then it looks like sawdust so I'm not sure.

I think it's saw dust haha it came with the tank. And I will work on switching the lights around today!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410014821.148519.jpg

It's pretty cool to watch him drink. Going to buy worms today he hasn't touched the salad

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks so sweet there! I would change out the sawdust. Certain woods could be toxic.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
He looks so sweet there! I would change out the sawdust. Certain woods could be toxic.

You may Be right I will do some research. The guy at the reptile store "recommended" it. It was in there beardies tanks there but they may not have done the research haha

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
First feeding went well. Not so much for the salad but ate 15 large superworms before I cut him off haha

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh wow! He really is hungry. Don't worry too much about the salad, he may come around. If not you can do what I do, I feed the salad to the supers right before I feed them to Dexter. She hates her salad.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Luci on the other hand will eat bits of salad that I didn't pick up from the day before and then eat his fresh salad!

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410034013.073804.jpg

Straight Chillin I used Velcro on the suction cup that won't stick to melamine. Ghetto but it works and he's happy to have it from the looks. He is having a field day digging and throwing around his substrate I have a fan on and his glass door open so there's a breeze because it's 105 on the hot side and like 89 on cool side. I turned off the basking light for a few because he isn't even on that side

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
You want it to be at least 105 on the hot side. 105-110 is ideal.

Thanks for all your help! It seems you're always there with a response haha. I will turn it back on then it got up to 107 before I turned it off. Unfortunately I have no a/c because of construction in the back yard so I can't keep the inside of my house below 90 I'm over summer I want cold air haha. Is 90 on the cool side way to hot? I don't need him stressing out

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410048242.251025.jpg

So I left his door open (on purpose) he jumped out on to my bed then on to my fan in the window and climbs up to the top. Now he's just hanging out on top of the fan. My bed is below so if he falls he will be good