• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Over attatched to inanimate objects?

buddy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I wasn't entirely sure where to post this. health? enclosure?...so I opted for general, ha

About 2 months ago buddy got a new viv, which he loves.
More recently i made him a log sculpture from floor to ceiling of the viv, and he's become obsessed with it! He'll climb to the top and very rarely come down, extremely happy to be on his log.

I was fine with this up until the other day. I opened the viv to let buddy out and clean up his environment. He wouldn't move from his log. I pried him away from it, he ran right back into his viv and clung onto it. Countless times.
In the end I took his log structure, and him out of the viv...he was perfectly happy with that.

Does anyone have any advice on how to ween him from his 'log addiction'?
I've put him back into his vivarium without it, but he's not very happy when it's out of sight, I've had to leave it within his viewing range to keep him from stressing out!

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
I have the same problem with my Baby and his hammock!! He is obsessed with it!! I already posted a question earlier about what to make him for a bed when he gets too big for it. It's like his comfort blanket!! So, I am sorry I have no idea what to do either when that time comes, but from what I have been told they will adapt to something new eventually! Let's hope!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm...should I say that Allie loves to cuddle on her favorite person: Me. She sleeps, crawls, scratches me, and then sheds on me. LOL! I mean she'll run to me, begging for a good scratch with my fingers or a soft bristled toothbrush. I found that baby oil on the skin that's shedding off makes the skin much softer and easier for her scratch her itchy spots on her log or her favorite person, me again. :)

buddy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
haha, buddy usually loves to cuddle, he became so anti-social when i put his new log in the viv, he loved it more than me!

He seems ok without it now, we're moving house in 2 weeks so I've replaced it with the box he's going to travel in. Though he spends more time pushing it around than getting in/on it