• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outdoor enclosure

phatso52

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have 6 dragons and bought an outdoor enclosure that was just perfect with a hide and all. Each of the beardies would enjoy getting a bit of sunshine. Alas! The frame is cedar. Would it be satisfactory to seal the cedar with polyurethane or other recommended sealants?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We have 6 dragons and bought an outdoor enclosure that was just perfect with a hide and all. Each of the beardies would enjoy getting a bit of sunshine. Alas! The frame is cedar. Would it be satisfactory to seal the cedar with polyurethane or other recommended sealants?
We reacue and rehome; U should never ever houz Beardies outside or in the same enclosure. It’s “1”beardie per tank alway & only!! Also; It’s way too cold at night Beardies need 70 or above at night. Also they need the Reptisun 10.0 T5 long tubular UVB lights Amd a clear zoomed for heat. Bring them inside they will
Also roast in the summer u can take them out only when it’s a hot noce day otherwise they willl
All get sick woth upper respiratory infections and other Heath issues!! My goodness why do you even have 6 Beardies. Buy 6 separate Emclosures Amd bring them inside.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
)We have 6 dragons and bought an outdoor enclosure that was just perfect with a hide and all. Each of the beardies would enjoy getting a bit of sunshine. Alas! The frame is cedar. Would it be satisfactory to seal the cedar with polyurethane or other recommended sealants?
That’s a lovely idea, each of them getting some time outside (individually I hope ;)) I’ve heard cedar is a no go as it seeps sap and fumes however if it’s outside and you have enough layers of sealant (I would overdo the sealant if I were you), then I can’t see it being a problem! Just watch out for scratching that might expose the cedar. Would love to see a pic when it’s done!!

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
cedar?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That’s a lovely idea, each of them getting some time outside (individually I hope ;)) I’ve heard cedar is a no go as it seeps sap and fumes however if it’s outside and you have enough layers of sealant (I would overdo the sealant if I were you), then I can’t see it being a problem! Just watch out for scratching that might expose the cedar. Would love to see a pic when it’s done!!
First if all; I dont think cedar is for Beardies; the smell will probably harm them!! Products or sealants or fumes need 48-72 hours to air hot and not in the sun, that will intensify the fumes. Real sunshine and UVb is directly on the dragon for 30min to an hour, not coming thru a cage or enclosure. We rescue and rehome and have never heard of this. Call Carolina custom cages they are a big breeding company and ask them about the cedar. Also; u cannot houz Beardies in the same enclosure not even for 5min., nor can they see each other they will get very stressed out; head bobbing, black beards, a lot of them will b territorial and suffer and if one is sick with a parasite or any Health issues then they will all suffer and get it. A better idea it to can take them out individually to sit in your lap or next to u for 30min to an hour in the summer hot months and they can also run around your home for exercise assuming all is vacuumed and nothing on the floors for them to ingest and u keep a close eye. Wash hands after touching each Beardie and before handling the next Beardie always. As far as sealant and fumes u need to air it out for 48 hours or so or the Beardies can get really sick!! Especially with the product blazing in the sun!!! May I ask why 6 Beardies?? U need the Reptisun 10.0 T5 asap for UVB and it needs replacing every “6” mnths; the length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank and should be placed starting on the hot side. For heat get the zoomed CLEAR Heat lamp. Never ever used colored or coiled bulbs it harms their eyes and the sun is clear not red, black or blue. U need 6 of each with 6 Emclosures.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
NO cedar…also all 6 dragons need to be getting some sun separately without seeing each other or being in th same enclosure that’s a big NoNo. Wash hands before handling the nect beardie so that u dotm transfer parasites or health issues to another. They need zoomed clear heat bulbs Amd Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
First if all; I dont think cedar is for Beardies; the smell will probably harm them!! Products or sealants or fumes need 48-72 hours to air hot and not in the sun, that will intensify the fumes. Real sunshine and UVb is directly on the dragon for 30min to an hour, not coming thru a cage or enclosure. We rescue and rehome and have never heard of this. Call Carolina custom cages they are a big breeding company and ask them about the cedar. Also; u cannot houz Beardies in the same enclosure not even for 5min., nor can they see each other they will get very stressed out; head bobbing, black beards, a lot of them will b territorial and suffer and if one is sick with a parasite or any Health issues then they will all suffer and get it. A better idea it to can take them out individually to sit in your lap or next to u for 30min to an hour in the summer hot months and they can also run around your home for exercise assuming all is vacuumed and nothing on the floors for them to ingest and u keep a close eye. Wash hands after touching each Beardie and before handling the next Beardie always. As far as sealant and fumes u need to air it out for 48 hours or so or the Beardies can get really sick!! Especially with the product blazing in the sun!!! May I ask why 6 Beardies?? U need the Reptisun 10.0 T5 asap for UVB and it needs replacing every “6” mnths; the length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank and should be placed starting on the hot side. For heat get the zoomed CLEAR Heat lamp. Never ever used colored or coiled bulbs it harms their eyes and the sun is clear not red, black or blue. U need 6 of each with 6 Emclosures.
Do you actually read any of the posts properly?!?

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
NO cedar…also all 6 dragons need to be getting some sun separately without seeing each other or being in th same enclosure that’s a big NoNo. Wash hands before handling the nect beardie so that u dotm transfer parasites or health issues to another. They need zoomed clear heat bulbs Amd Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB
Who said they would be in it together? READ THE POSTS PROPERLY before you start cracking on!!