• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Old beardie - Not eating, trying baby food?

Should old age beardies with no appetite be fed natural baby food to supplement for greens?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Need more research

• Total voters

Kat11964

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just as the title suggests, I have an old male beardie, I adopted him about 3 years ago, and think he may be about 10 yrs based on his size (22 in) and mannerisms for the last few years. His health started to go south about a year ago and his weight has dramatically decreased over this time as well. His appetite is absolutely no more, he does not hunt (hand fed crickets regularly (10 Lg per day), always dusted with calcium and vitamins) and now he will not actively eat his greens (consisting of kale and bell peppers) I read somewhere not too long ago that someone was feeding their beardie baby food, so i started giving that a shot. He takes it but it takes a lot of coaxing, I use a plastic syringe that holds a max of 3 ml of baby food. I'll be specific its "Beech Nut naturals, just kale + apple" and the ingredients are listed as literally "kale, apples" so i got that one and i've been trying that for about a week now.
20191119_103929.jpg

So my question is:
How much should I feed him daily in order for him to get a full serving of daily greens?
Should I be feeding him this at all? If not what can I do?
Anyone with experience in feeding dragons baby food??