• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Odd Sleeping Positions

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Last night I turned out Dex's lights at 7:00. It usually doesn't take him long to find his spot to sleep for the night once I do. About an hour later I checked on him like I always do and had to do a double take. He was in his favorite spot between his flat rock and the tank wall, as usual, but he was vertical. His whole upper body was up against the glass and his hind legs were in the crouched position. He was sound asleep. I chuckled and watched him for a few then went back to watching the tube. When we headed to bed about an hour later I checked on him again figuring he probably had shifted to his normal horizontal, stretched out position. Nope still in the same place. lol Figured it couldn't be comfortable so I gently slid my finger beneath his front legs so I could gently slide him down. Aside from slitting his eyes a little to look at me he didn't move . . . he was like a little limp noodle . . . even when I placed him horizontal he didn't move, but stayed as I'd put him, closed his eyes and went back to sleep. hahahaha Anybody else's babies sleep in weird positions? :)

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My bearded dragons often times sleep in lots of weird positions my two juveniles a lot of times will sleep upright with their front hands on the glass and my adult bearded dragon is really cute she'll go to the back cool side of her enclosure and dig herself a little hole to sleep in.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
mine does that too!! once i saw him sleeping on his hammock with his head hanging off. i was worried so it picked him up and moved him haha. sometimes he’ll sleep half on his hammock and half on his ladder. seems uncomfortable but they don’t see to mind