• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not so hungry ..

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, so..
Got two bearded dragon since they had 3 months, one male ( Cheesecake) and female ( Sansa) . I'm keeping them in two separate vivarium ( 4ft ). Recently both of them are 9 months old and get no appetite for last couple of weeks. They eat one locust daily, bit of salad ( like one leaf of greens), but is kind of
2 weeks ago but everything looks perfect ( no parasites or anything to worry about). Temperature are ok , uvb tube was changed recently. They looks healthy, basking on afternoon and after that they chilling in their hides ( they coming out from time to time to check on me ) . They not loosing on Weight. Sansa so far got 314g and Cheesecake 285g.
So my question is if its anything should I've been worried about or its quite normal that they at some point eating less ?

Attachments

• 20210402_185124.jpg
    20210402_185124.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210208_151354.jpg
    20210208_151354.jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210226_181606.jpg
    20210226_181606.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210210_205229.jpg
    20210210_205229.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210210_205319.jpg
    20210210_205319.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
welcome to the forum, beautiful dragons :) , i love whoever’s digging in the substrate (what is it btw?) , when my beardie was around 6-8 months I noticed her slowing down on intake (i was feeding her every time she would take it) my beardie is about a year and a half now and ive noticed her really slowing down, some days she’ll eat 3 huge discoids and a whole salad, other days she’ll eat one roach and not even touch her salad, if you’re worried please catalog your dragons weight, also im shure you know but please keep the male from interlocking with the female, unless you want 30 baby beardies, I wouldn’t risk it lol, as they reach 1-2 years old you might not want them together it’ll just stress the female out, cheesecake is probably gonna be batpoop crazy regardless.

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks!
Well Cheesecake ( male), he love to dig ,so I've added extra digging box for him. Sometimes he can spend whole day doing just that , and getting very angry if I've touch his creations . I'm checking their weight and size once per week ( writing everything down ) Also planning to upgrade vivarium's to 6ft but probably after summer. I'm keeping them separate , but mostly to avoid any fight between them .

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thats good ur already keeping track, just monitor them, they both look fat n happy in my opinion, that’s adorable he just plows the day away , what substrate is in there i wanna get me some :)

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
It's called Red bedding - using this one for my ackie monitor , but bearded dragon like this one too

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It's called Red bedding - using this one for my ackie monitor , but bearded dragon like this one too
Ooo nice :) thank you , I thought there was something in that third enclosure, but I wasn’t shure, does the ackie get outside time? Hows its temperament? I really want to get one but im not so shure im ready/right for a monitor, ive heard ackies act similar to Uromastyx though rather than true moniter ? Have u ever heard that before.

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Well they to small for outside time . Got two of them ( 4 and 5 months old) . They more shy and way faster than bearded dragon - forget about handling them, but it's only till adolhud. So when they reach 1y become more curious and playful.
Also ackie eats a lot, but it's fun to feed them - if they hungry they also can dig out some Mario worms which manage to escape last time.
You can also keep few of them in one vivarium - they one of the lizards who dosent have issue to live together.

Attachments

• 20210326_123052.jpg
    20210326_123052.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210225_095905.jpg
    20210225_095905.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well they to small for outside time . Got two of them ( 4 and 5 months old) . They more shy and way faster than bearded dragon - forget about handling them, but it's only till adolhud. So when they reach 1y become more curious and playful.
Also ackie eats a lot, but it's fun to feed them - if they hungry they also can dig out some Mario worms which manage to escape last time.
You can also keep few of them in one vivarium - they one of the lizards who dosent have issue to live together.
Oh yeah wouldn’t wanna lose one right? Lol, they’re very cute, i never knew they could be together, thats so cool, nice enclosure btw.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Is this the bedding? Or similar to it? Ive used excavator clay before, but it gets pretty hard, the bedding ur using looks nice and fluffy.

Attachments

• D00FB8EC-7701-4A2F-A4A7-C86E5C1C782B.png
    D00FB8EC-7701-4A2F-A4A7-C86E5C1C782B.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 7

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Exactly this one. You can get 20L quite cheap.
If you got two male Ackie at some point one it's gonna be more dominant - something like alpha Ackie but that dosent change much. Important is to have them together since they little. When they reach adulthood and you add another new Ackie - it won't work.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Exactly this one. You can get 20L quite cheap.
If you got two male Ackie at some point one it's gonna be more dominant - something like alpha Ackie but that dosent change much. Important is to have them together since they little. When they reach adulthood and you add another new Ackie - it won't work.
Awesome, my new enclosure for my beardie just came this morning, im gonna order a couple bags for her :) . Very interesting about the ackies, I looked it up and they live in groups in the wild, that makes me want them even more they’re so cute.