• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not eating

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
Well it could be relocation stress still - sometimes it may take awhile for them but since she's so little its best she's getting something and she's gaining weight- that's good I would keep trying to feed her the salads and bugs I would think she's going to start eating on her own soon
I would agree to the relocation stress but I've had her for a month and a half. Maybe it is but she was eating on her own for a little bit with the crickets and then slowly she lost interest. I'm not as stressed about it now because she is eating, even though I have to force feed her, and she is at least gaining weight. I did get her to eat 3 dubias a little while ago. I'm confident that this was an error on my part when feeding her cold oxbow meal.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would agree to the relocation stress but I've had her for a month and a half. Maybe it is but she was eating on her own for a little bit with the crickets and then slowly she lost interest. I'm not as stressed about it now because she is eating, even though I have to force feed her, and she is at least gaining weight. I did get her to eat 3 dubias a little while ago. I'm confident that this was an error on my part when feeding her cold oxbow meal.
Could be I had to feed my dragon at one point as well but I always had to water it down to get it more runny and for hydration and used warm water --- keep trying at least she at the 3 dubias you fed her --- she is making progress

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
so bad news today, draco passed away. she was laying on my chest earlier this morning then all of a sudden she got up and acted like her equilibrium was way off. I put her back in her tank thinking maybe she was cold and checked back about 10-15 minutes later. she was non responsive, limp, stomach flat, eyes were sinking in, color went real dark. I don't know what happened, she was off earlier this morning. I tried to feed her like I've been doing and she wouldn't eat at all so I was going to feed her after laying on me. this is very disheartening because I want to get another one and try again but I feel like I did something wrong. I'm replaying everything in my mind and the one thing that stands out is that she was a petsmart purchase. I need to take some time to think about another one and not rush into it. she was a birthday gift from my wife but my wife had no idea what to look for in a beardie, not saying I would have done better because draco was my first one but I was reading about them for a future purchase.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
so bad news today, draco passed away. she was laying on my chest earlier this morning then all of a sudden she got up and acted like her equilibrium was way off. I put her back in her tank thinking maybe she was cold and checked back about 10-15 minutes later. she was non responsive, limp, stomach flat, eyes were sinking in, color went real dark. I don't know what happened, she was off earlier this morning. I tried to feed her like I've been doing and she wouldn't eat at all so I was going to feed her after laying on me. this is very disheartening because I want to get another one and try again but I feel like I did something wrong. I'm replaying everything in my mind and the one thing that stands out is that she was a petsmart purchase. I need to take some time to think about another one and not rush into it. she was a birthday gift from my wife but my wife had no idea what to look for in a beardie, not saying I would have done better because draco was my first one but I was reading about them for a future purchase.
I am so sorry to hear about Draco --- so something else was going on w/ her with your basking temps and UVB set up correctly and being to the vet he didnt catch it either --- wow -- I know you must be in shock -- the not eating and losing weight is always a sign of some issue - and since she didnt have parasites I am not sure what else would of caused it --- I dont think you did anything wrong I am thinking it was a genetic issue - something from the breeding -- please sanitize the tank real good w/ some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out or some F 10 found on Walmarts website --- give yourself some time and try and find a different breeder -- Petsmart and Petco are not really good places to buy dragons from but I look at it this way people that get them from there are actually doing a rescue and for that I am thankful those little dragons need love too

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
I am so sorry to hear about Draco --- so something else was going on w/ her with your basking temps and UVB set up correctly and being to the vet he didnt catch it either --- wow -- I know you must be in shock -- the not eating and losing weight is always a sign of some issue - and since she didnt have parasites I am not sure what else would of caused it --- I dont think you did anything wrong I am thinking it was a genetic issue - something from the breeding -- please sanitize the tank real good w/ some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out or some F 10 found on Walmarts website --- give yourself some time and try and find a different breeder -- Petsmart and Petco are not really good places to buy dragons from but I look at it this way people that get them from there are actually doing a rescue and for that I am thankful those little dragons need love too
Thanks, it was a bit of a shock and a horrible experience for a first time. I am going to miss her climbing up to my collar to take a nap. I do want to get another one at some point. I've been looking online at other breeders and boy are they pricey. I can only hope that it would be a better experience if I go this route. I agree with what you said about PetSmart and Petco. I'm still going over everything in my head wondering if I did something wrong though. I don't think I did but maybe I'm missing one small detail.