• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Normal Temperature?

Kaye

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
What temperature would you advice a beardie's viv to be both at night and during the day??

We have got a thermometer but have never really been told the correct temp, now during the day it is just under 90 and at night just under 80??

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Kaye. Disregard my question about temps. I saw this post second.

For beardies under 1 year of age, the basking area should be around 105F and the cool side should be around 85F. For beardies over a year, the basking around should be between 95 and 100F.

At night, temps should not drop below 65F.

It is recommended to measure temps with a digital probe thermometer. You can pick these up pretty cheap at local stores, like Wal-Mart.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i personally prefer tempgun.com
their product is versatile and easy to use and accurate to within a 10th of a degree