• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Night lights

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, I’ve read that you should avoid night lights, no red or black lights, etc.
then I read this, below, from Bearded dragons 101
Any opinions?Thanks
Nighttime Heat Bulbs
A heat lamp may also be needed for keeping nighttime temperatures from dropping below 65 degrees F. There are many nighttime bulbs made to provide heat while creating subdued levels of light. This is important for not disturbing the bearded dragon’s sleep.

You can find them in dark blue, or red hues, and range from 15 watts to 75 watts. We recommend the Exo Terra Night Glo Reptile Bulb as a great nighttime bulb. The small amount of light these bulbs give off is invisible to bearded dragons. This is important because you do not want to use a daytime bulb at night because your pet will not be able to sleep properly.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
hello! for night i recommend getting a ceramic heat element (che). it emits no light but gives your dragon heat if it gets cold at night!

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just a quick question: I was just reading my posts, this post for example, and I’m wondering: Am I as incoherent as I think I am? Which would make the most sense to me.
thanks much