• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newspaper- yay or nay?

shehzain

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are people's opinions here on newspaper as a substrate? I feel like it would be easy to clean, and best of all, cheap! But what do you guys think? Are there any downfalls to it? i.e. could the ink be harmful in any way?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Newspaper is fine, although some say they have experienced ink transfer to the feet &\or belly, but I never have when I have used it.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I've used newspaper as a main substrate for over a year and haven't experienced any issues with it except my citrus female chewed on a bit of it when she was gravid one time. Psh, you would have thought I was starving the fatty. It is easy to clean and everything so I prefer it. Would love to do tile instead though!