• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to bearded dragons

thatguy715

Hatchling Dragon
hello people, i am looking to purchase a bearded dragon, i have two questions, i live in a small town in wisconsin, and i only have a pecto, and a petsmart in my town, i have looked at all the different types of bearded dragons, and after looking around i decided i would like a citrus bearded dragon, i called my local petco and petsmart and they do not carry citrus bearded dragons, i was wondering what people thoughts are on ordering a bearded dragon online or if someone knows of a good pet store to travel to only in the state of wisconsin, my second question is, when i talked to my local two pet stores one is charging 14 cents and 12 per cricket, well i was doing the math in my head and realized buying crickets from them would be very costly, from reading on the internet i learned that i can order crickets online, some people suggested to go on ebay, i dont know how comfortable i feel buying crickets off of ebay, was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to purchase crickets from. i figured i would join this site to get advice from actual owners of bearded dragon, thank you

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1.jpg

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome :) sometimes its better to give things a lot of thought before you go ahead with an idea and make a compromise. I don't know the US very well and if there was a way of getting a citrus dragon without unnecessary stress that would be amazing :D perhaps look at reputable breeders and see what your options are :) good luck!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Definitely best not to compromise for quality! Look around, see what you can find from qualified breeders!

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
ahaha oh aleena :p well where i live finding a citrus bearded dragon is quite difficult, in fact finding any form of morph takes a lot of searching. Most bear dies within a 100 mile radius are normal type with no special genetics. I meant if you can't find a great citrus, there is always a great normal BD out there somewhere which is just as hardy and well built :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
ahaha oh aleena :p well where i live finding a citrus bearded dragon is quite difficult, in fact finding any form of morph takes a lot of searching. Most bear dies within a 100 mile radius are normal type with no special genetics. I meant if you can't find a great citrus, there is always a great normal BD out there somewhere which is just as hardy and well built :D
Oh. SLC is a bit that way with color morphs, but they're fairly easily ordered in, as far as I've heard anyway. I got mine in FL so it was fairly easy, there are all sorts of morphs available there at local stores! And I have a clutch of citrus babies hatching right now...

thatguy715

Hatchling Dragon
yes i am taking my time, im looking all round but i think im gonna go with aleena cause i've been pm with her and it's nice to talk to the person to that has them makes me feel more comfortable. and with a breeder i dont know how much detail they would go into with you, to me its more of a comfort thing then anything else.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
yes i am taking my time, im looking all round but i think im gonna go with aleena cause i've been pm with her and it's nice to talk to the person to that has them makes me feel more comfortable. and with a breeder i dont know how much detail they would go into with you, to me its more of a comfort thing then anything else.
And I don't want people to think that my BD's are for sale! I have somewhere for them to go, that's why they're not listed in the for sale section. I just worry about them going there so if there is another home available that the person would take care of them right from the start I am not above helping out that person. If you choose a breeder, I would still be happy for you and be just as excited when you got your baby home and help you out as much as I possibly could.