• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to bearded dragons

Rhcecil

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got our first bearded dragon two days ago. He looks to be about 2 months old. The last 2 days we have been giving him just crickets to eat. Should he be eating anything else at this stage? What about water intake? We have some flickers buffet blend for juvenile bearded dragons I know the mealworms and large dried crickets he is too young for but is it ok to give the pellets? Maybe soak them in water? Also how much do you recommend handling him or her?
Thank you for all the help we can get.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
at that age he’s really only going to want bugs! you should start introducing veggies though, even though he might not show interest. try moving the veg around so he’ll be more interested and then realize they’re not bad. i don’t know much about the pellets, but i think it’s better to stick with live. he’s probably not going to drink water out of a bowl in the tank so you can try to drop water on his nose and he should lick it up. he may start drinking if you have him in a bath!

N W

Juvenile Dragon
Yes, try to get him to take at least a bite or 2 of greens every day. Even better if you offer greens and another veggie like squash (very small, thin bits). Wash it off first and that will help get water in him. Also make sure the crickets are hydrated/gut loaded.