• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New terrarium build

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
How is the cleaning of the tank? I really want to make one for my beardy

Cleaning is easy, takes a bit of elbow grease to get up the special presents that I can't get to right away but I just use a paper towel and scrub the rest up with a sponge, vinegar water mix and dry with a paper towel.

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
Wow. That is awesome! U could so do a little side business by making and saleing these.

I wish I had the time to make these on the side, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot of what to and what not to do. Cost is quite a bit though. All said and done I think I spent almost 400 dollars. I think I could cut that in half now that I know all the material needed

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458408144.782220.jpg

I'm starting to think Rosco might out grow his 2x2x4 enclosure I built. It seems like he's sprouted right up since I've moved him in. He's almost a year old now and he's already 20" head to tail!

ENY11207

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Due to his size, it looks like he would have a hard time turning around to get back down from his basking spot. I noticed you have two lights in addition to your uvb. I figure one is the heat lamp; is the other for additional heat?

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
Due to his size, it looks like he would have a hard time turning around to get back down from his basking spot. I noticed you have two lights in addition to your uvb. I figure one is the heat lamp; is the other for additional heat?

That's correct I have a CHE for night time temperatures and a heat lamp for the daytime. I removed the decor rock in the back to give him more space to move around . If he gets any bigger he's definitely going to need more space. I'm working on plans for a new enclosure now

ENY11207

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm in the process of building two enclosures now. With the process as long as it is and the expense as great as it is, I would hate to have to rebuild them. Knowing myself, I would look for a way to add on the existing enclosures rather than building new from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ENY11207

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Do you have any pics of the modified enclosure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Looks great so far... as far as sealing... you can use matte epoxy for concrete floors, or a matte grout sealer. Both will give a natural stone finish without making anything look glossy. You can choose to not seal it either, however from my experience with grout and tile ( I have been remodeling homes for about 10 years now) is that the grout will eventually start absorbing liquids... wether it be cleaner, water, etc. which really wouldn't be an issue in an enclosure at first, but over time it can lead to cracking or possible bacteria and mold growth...

As far as people having issues with their grout cracking off or falling apart after applying to styrofoam... grout wasn't mixed properly more than likely... after it's mixed to a thick soupy consistancy, it needs to sit for a couple minutes then stirred again... it also helps to sand and any smooth areas of the styrofoam to help the grout adhere better.

Your set up looks great. I have a feeling you will want a bigger one soon :)

Rafal