• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New terrarium build

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
Started the grouting yesterday
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442326460.523876.jpg

I'm using a thin layer of grout to start. I had to thin it down quite a bit in order to get into the deep crevices.

Stephen Vokoun

Hatchling Dragon
That will look sweet! A little dry brushing with a yellow color on the edges should do the trick. But yeah that will look awesome looking forward to the final product!

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442625451.801798.jpg

So first coat of grout with the dye in it, I plan on doing 3 coats total. In order to get a more realistic look I'm going to use different buckets with one mix red and the other yellow. This should give it more of a sandstone look [emoji106][emoji16]

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
That's beautiful!
Thanks! It's nice to finally see more of a finished product. This has been much more work than I anticipated. Living in Florida I can tell you the mosquitoes have really enjoyed this project as well. Every night I was working on the grout I had a cloud of mosquitos all around me.

Still a lot more work to be done

Dennis Knowles

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443116530.446178.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443116542.003372.jpg

So I'm not very happy with the way the seal is drying (matte Mod Podge)

Has anyone had luck with another sealer that does not have so much of a glossy finish? I've tried using sand mixed in with the sealer to no luck. I'm also doing very thin coats as well.

Lynchman18

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are the measurements of your enclosure? And what did you use to attach the foam to the back and sides of the enclosure?