• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner: specific help with lights

PromNight

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all. I am a brand new bearded dragon owner and as of a few days ago and I have spent my time researching and replacing everything that came with the pet store tank package I originally purchased!!! That is my own fault for buying my little girl without the proper research but now I am committed and I am confident that I have almost everything up to par (accurate thermometer/ reptisun 10.0/ no red night light/ etc) but I am still a bit nervous about the lighting situation mostly. I have since read multiple articles and threads on lighting but I would love some input on my specific set up and if anyone could oblige my new girl and I would appreciate it very much!!

Specifically with my set up- tank with a mesh lid (more coarse than fine) and the reptisun 10.0 T5 under the zoomed hood, what would be the best distance to the basking spot? (Too close can bother the eyes and too far is not enough UBV if I understand correctly). I know the set up is mostly correct, but I screwed up originally with the set up and want to fix it completely. Luckily I looked into things immediately after getting her!! So basically the 10.0 T5 under the hood with the coarse mesh top combo is what is giving me anxiety about not knowing if I am too close/too far/etc thanks again to any replies, peace and love.

Valerie Vitticeps

Bearded Dragon Egg
How in the world did you manage to get your fluorescent UVB strip UNDER your mesh hood? After 6 months, I realized I could wrap wires around my light and tie it to the mesh hood. It's between 10-12 inches from my beardie. Hope this hel