• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New lizard!

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hiya guys! It seems to have been fortunate at finding what I've been looking for lately! I just posted a few days ago about my new giant Asian mantis who I have since named Lee (it's complicated I'll tell you later) and now I got an email that one of the lizards I've been patiently waiting for the availability of is back in stock! There were 6 available and I ordered one. This is Yuma, my eastern collared lizard, a native of the southwestern U.S, northern Mexico and even parts of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas for those who might not have heard of it. Technically it's called a common collared lizard but lots of people sell it as an eastern which is funny because it barely lives in the east. The adult males are absolutely gorgeous blue and green and that makes this lizard possibly my favorite lizard in terms of color ever since I was little and I saw it in a book I had. Even the brownish females have very attractive patterning so even though I'm hoping this is a male I'm okay with either gender They must sell out fast because you have no idea how hard it was to get one. If I could confirm the lizard was a male I originally wanted to name him Cochise after the legendary Apache chief since this is a very southwestern lizard but since he/she is still young and I'm not sure of the gender I'm at least for now going with a gender neutral sounding name, Yuma, after Yuma Arizona with it's rich frontier/western history.

Attachments

• Yuma 1.JPG
    Yuma 1.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Yuma 2.JPG
    Yuma 2.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Yuma 3.JPG
    Yuma 3.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 26

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hiya guys! It seems to have been fortunate at finding what I've been looking for lately! I just posted a few days ago about my new giant Asian mantis who I have since named Lee (it's complicated I'll tell you later) and now I got an email that one of the lizards I've been patiently waiting for the availability of is back in stock! There were 6 available and I ordered one. This is Yuma, my eastern collared lizard, a native of the southwestern U.S, northern Mexico and even parts of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas for those who might not have heard of it. Technically it's called a common collared lizard but lots of people sell it as an eastern which is funny because it barely lives in the east. The adult males are absolutely gorgeous blue and green and that makes this lizard possibly my favorite lizard in terms of color ever since I was little and I saw it in a book I had. Even the brownish females have very attractive patterning so even though I'm hoping this is a male I'm okay with either gender They must sell out fast because you have no idea how hard it was to get one. If I could confirm the lizard was a male I originally wanted to name him Cochise after the legendary Apache chief since this is a very southwestern lizard but since he/she is still young and I'm not sure of the gender I'm at least for now going with a gender neutral sounding name, Yuma, after Yuma Arizona with it's rich frontier/western history.

Sorry I said they turn blue and green. I meant blue and yellow with a little bit of green.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I hate you, LOL!

My reptile store has a pair of these and I absolutely love them.

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I hate you, LOL!

My reptile store has a pair of these and I absolutely love them.

Awesome! I know I've loved them for a long time. He's kind of aggressive at the moment though, just about tore my finger off when I picked him up for the first time a few days ago so it will take some time to tame him and it might even be a rougher ride than my bearded dragon was.