• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New lights

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
I have FINALLY CONVINCED MY PARENTS to get him new lights
yaaay
uh here they are:
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-2606...GSMP36A1M6E&psc=1&refRID=PWZQNSVNVGSMP36A1M6E (coming with hood)
(also coming with hood)
THESE ARE the ones I’m getting, so i hope they work. thank you for notifying me of the dangers. Yay now he wont die hahahah I am so stressed hahaaaaaaa

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have FINALLY CONVINCED MY PARENTS to get him new lights
yaaay
uh here they are:
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-2606...GSMP36A1M6E&psc=1&refRID=PWZQNSVNVGSMP36A1M6E (coming with hood)
(also coming with hood)
THESE ARE the ones I’m getting, so i hope they work. thank you for notifying me of the dangers. Yay now he wont die hahahah I am so stressed hahaaaaaaa
Ok good what length of hood? I will need to help you place it when you get it --- let me know when you get it --- the basking light is a good --- just make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get the actual basking temp - the probe needs to be placed on the spot where he sits to bask for 10 minutes or so then get the temp -- babies need 105-110 --- if hes older like 5-6 months old he will need temps 95-110 --

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
Ok good what length of hood? I will need to help you place it when you get it --- let me know when you get it --- the basking light is a good --- just make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get the actual basking temp - the probe needs to be placed on the spot where he sits to bask for 10 minutes or so then get the temp -- babies need 105-110 --- if hes older like 5-6 months old he will need temps 95-110 --
https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-T5-...W4NDM1E7EFM&psc=1&refRID=JEQKD4VPHW4NDM1E7EFM i Should be getting a digital thermometer soon, so that’s good. Apparently the actual bulb is 22’’ so thats something. Also, is Arcadia a good brand for UVB? I was considering it but decided to go with the reptisu t5 instead

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Arcadia is a good-quality bulb and some people prefer them to Reptisuns. They put out the perfect amount of UVB. Either bulb type would have been fine. Congrats on convincing them!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-T5-...W4NDM1E7EFM&psc=1&refRID=JEQKD4VPHW4NDM1E7EFM i Should be getting a digital thermometer soon, so that’s good. Apparently the actual bulb is 22’’ so thats something. Also, is Arcadia a good brand for UVB? I was considering it but decided to go with the reptisu t5 instead
Arcadia is a great bulb --- I actually like them better than the Reptisuns but both are good bulbs--- when you get your fixture please let me know I will help you get it placed and distance as well

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
Arcadia is a great bulb --- I actually like them better than the Reptisuns but both are good bulbs--- when you get your fixture please let me know I will help you get it placed and distance as well
Ok! Maybe I’ll go with arcadia in the future. Their dragon bulb looked great And had good reviews. The only thing that stopped me was that no had recommended it to me, so maybe in the future.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok! Maybe I’ll go with arcadia in the future. Their dragon bulb looked great And had good reviews. The only thing that stopped me was that no had recommended it to me, so maybe in the future.
Your bulb will need to be replaced in a year- I would change it out about a month prior to - so when you get it placed make sure you mark your calandar- the Arcadia you would need is the 12% bulb that is the same basically as the Reptisun 10.0 T 5

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
Your bulb will need to be replaced in a year- I would change it out about a month prior to - so when you get it placed make sure you mark your calandar- the Arcadia you would need is the 12% bulb that is the same basically as the Reptisun 10.0 T 5
Ok