• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Enclosure Heating

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I think I've got it worked out. The dome light just wasn't putting out enough. I did some research on the small halogens and it seems they have right at a 45 degree coverage. I adjusted the bulbs so the coverage doesn't overlap and now the basking area is right at 105. Ambient temps are 86 on the hot side, 78 on the cool. Humidity at 26%.
Ok so that sounds good-- as the dragon gets older towards juvenile age they will not want as hot as temps are now - more like the 95-100 temp-

caaleshire

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so that sounds good-- as the dragon gets older towards juvenile age they will not want as hot as temps are now - more like the 95-100 temp-
That's what I've been told. Likely I switch these bulbs out for 50W ones and achieve that without a problem. Big day today, finally let me hold him and aid in some shedding. Funny little squirt, he'll sleep on the top of the branch at night instead of the cave.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's what I've been told. Likely I switch these bulbs out for 50W ones and achieve that without a problem. Big day today, finally let me hold him and aid in some shedding. Funny little squirt, he'll sleep on the top of the branch at night instead of the cave.
yes they will do that till they get older - mine didnt use the cave till he was almost a year -- he has two of them and uses them both --