• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardy Mom!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
aweee, you're doing great! i feel the same way... i don't wanna mess stuff up and suffer the concequences (i want my baby nice and healthy). and as for the husband part... the first night i didn't realize their were holes at the top that had a latch to close and both crickets escaped... my mom FREAKED haha luckily i caught one with a wrench (cause i didn't have tongs hahaha) and my brother caught the other with his hand. my guy seems to like crickets better than worms or since i switched over he's been a bit sleepy and uninterested. and as for his twin, it's unfortunate but its better to focus your energy on one beardie instead of splitting it between two! :)
Awww, thanks. I think you are, as well. Together we'll get through this. :) I want my baby nice and healthy, too. I'm stressing more about Dexter than I did with Jango (my cat) when he was a kitten. 'Course cats are fairly independent even when young, so there is a big difference. hahahaha I hear you on the crickets. The ones I get for Dexter are so tiny that getting them from their container into his tank was hard. I've actually squished a few (eeewww) trying to get them there until I figured out that if I put one at a time into a small bowl and held it in the tank then fed it to him it was easier. I think there may be one or two escapees running around my house. lol The dusted ones are easier. They get kinda dingy and slower from the dusting. Dexter is a cricket fan at this point, but will eat a few roaches, too. I've put tiny worms on his salad, but he just eyes them. Last night, I tried feeding him one of those tiny meal worms with my fingers. Let me just say double eeewww. I do not like touching them. The crickets and roaches don't bother me for some reason, but those worms . . . yuck. Anyway, Dexter latched on the the wiggling end got it from my fingers and then spit it out. It wiggled back and forth in front of him while he eyed it for a few seconds then he scampered onto his log. Apparently not a fan of them yet. Awww, I hope your lil one perks up. From what everyone tells me crickets are better in quantity than the worms so it's good you switched over. Yeah, I agree. I'm stressing enough with just one baby. lol I do feel bad for the lil guy/gal left behind and I visit his/her tank every time I go in for Dexter's bugs. So far, he looks healthy and content where he is so I'm not feeling too bad. I'm hoping he/she gets adopted soon.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Guess what! I had to go to the pet store yesterday for more bugs and I went down to talk and visit with Dexter's sibling like I always do and the lil one was gone. He was adopted yesterday. Yay! No more feeling guilty for leaving him/her behind. :)