• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie, working on socializing...

Cass

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I'm new to bearded dragons and just got my first one about one month ago. His name is Pippin (too young to really know sex yet) and he's an absolute cutie. He's ravenous and a healthy eater, he adores crickets right now as he's about two months. My one concern with him is that he really doesn't like being handled. I waited a week or so before handling so he could get used to his enclosure. After that tried leaving some clothes in there so he got used to my smell, then tried hand feeding. Still whenever I put my hand in to take him out he always runs away or even hisses at me. I never approach from the top and try to make my hand as flat and non threatening as possible but he still runs. When he is out of his tank he runs to find places to hide, and on occasion he has stress marks galore, but the other half of the time he is friendly and will explore and smell me and his surroundings. I don't know if I am doing something wrong when getting him out or if this is just something that will take time for him. I just want my cutie to be as happy and calm as possible.

Attachments

• 15692573465501447990414194336056.jpg
    15692573465501447990414194336056.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12