• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Owner

mac35

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all! Came to this forum looking for some advice as a new baby Beardie owner and a newbie to reptiles overall! My son just turned four, and his aunt got him our new pet as a present along with a tank kit that has “everything you need”. We got him two weeks ago and I’ve been stressed ever since! He’s barely eating and seems very scared of us. We’ve tried handling him a little bit here and there, but not pushing it too much. He was eating crickets fairly well the first few days, but now seems disinterested. Same with waxworms and pheonix worms. He initially would take them out of our hands but now he won’t eat them at all. I’ve been reading everything I can about relocation stress and tank set ups, but it’s been two weeks now and I feel like maybe he should be settled in by now? Just looking for any advice or tips anyone can give. I do think his UVB set up is not right after a lot of reading tonight (he has a coil bulb in a dome fixture) and I am going to get a Tube bulb and fixture tomorrow ASAP. Just really want this guy to flourish. We’re all in love with him. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• A3C3056C-D01D-4226-B7C4-B1CD53A35F52.jpeg
    A3C3056C-D01D-4226-B7C4-B1CD53A35F52.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18

N W

Juvenile Dragon
Ohmygosh, your son is the CUTEST!
If you could me back and read this, I recommend going over to beardeddragon.org as there is a bit more activity there so you should get some answers.
I'm still new at this, so I try not to give much advice.
That being said, I see a cricket in his tank and everyone says crickets left in the tank can bite them and cause issues, so be sure to remove any he doesn't eat right away.
Hopefully he is doing well!