• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie owner

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey everyone. I'll tell my setup first. I have a 55gal with repticarpet substrate, two 17in. reptisun 10.0 and a regular household bulb for a basking light. Basking temp is 106degs and the cool side is 76degs. I've had my juvenile (2months approx) for 5 days now. On the 2nd day it ate 3 calcium coated waxworms and a little bit of mustard greens. 3rd day it ate 2 probably a little too big crickets. (getting smaller ones today) Yesterday I noticed she had a wobbly walk and seemed disoriented. Any ideas?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Can you post pictures of your setup and your beardie?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When you are typing your message at the bottom of the box next to "post reply" there is a button that says "upload a file" click on that and you can upload a photo. At the bottom of my message in my signature box there is a link to general info which is really helpful when setting up a new tank.

You're temps don't sound bad. When was the last time your beardie went to the bathroom? When you say it's wobbly and disoriented is it sticking it's head up or turning it's head in a strange way?

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
She pooped 3 times since I've had her. The last time was after the crickets. She did "stargaze" a little when I first noticed her but now she seems unbalanced when climbing to her basking perch.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!! I'm not real good at the medical problems so I'll leave that to patsy for now, your temps sound good, she didn't fall recently?

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!! I'm not real good at the medical problems so I'll leave that to patsy for now, your temps sound good, she didn't fall recently?
Yes, about 18inches when she scooted off the couch three days ago.

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
This is my enclosure setup.

Attachments

• 20160210_183410.jpg
    20160210_183410.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 22

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Did this behavior start before or after this fall from the couch?
It was after. She ate the crickets the following day and seemed fine. It was the day after that (yesterday) that she started acting different. Lethargic and not interested in food.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It was after. She ate the crickets the following day and seemed fine. It was the day after that (yesterday) that she started acting different. Lethargic and not interested in food.
Is she still acting weird today? You may want to get her checked out maybe she hurt herself on the fall. They are pretty tough critters but the young ones can hurt themselves..

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Is she still acting weird today? You may want to get her checked out maybe she hurt herself on the fall. They are pretty tough critters but the young ones can hurt themselves..
She seems to be walking better but she acts like she has no energy. I put a small cricket in with her and she just watched it walk by.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Vet visit, if she's doing this after she fell then something happened and she's having some neurological issues because of it.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's awesome news!! Now you can rest and take a breath :)