• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Owner with many questions

Shanndoor09

Bearded Dragon Egg
So before I got my bearded dragon on Friday I have been wanting one for months and so I researched hardcore prior to getting one because I am an animal lover. But I've never owned reptiles so it was/is very important that I know how to properly care for my animals. So I got Thor on friday he was removed from his previous home by my friend because they weren't properly caring for him and they no longer wanted him. (They bought him for a kid, kid got bored.. etc) Hes about 4 or 5 years old. He is the sweetest thing in the world but he doesnt like to be lifted to be held. I'm assuming he wasn't handled much. But I have a humidity gauge in his tank when it starts to get low I must him and he closes his eyes and starts puffing his beard. Does he not like this or does he really enjoy it because he looks like he enjoys it but I also dont want to be pissing him off. Also I'm assuming this is a good thing but he seems to be getting a brighter yellow color to him versus the brownish pale he was when I brought him home 4 days ago. But is that good or bad? Also I'm open to any tips that I may not know or other facts that I should know. I want him to have the best care i can possibly give him!!

kirito9976_Aaron

Bearded Dragon Egg
If your bearded dragon has turned pale/white/pinkish white – it's most probably shedding. ... Let your bearded dragon shed for 1-2 weeks, and then make sure there is no stuck skin. However, if your dragon looks sick, is refusing to eat and is lethargic, take it to the vet for a blood test to see if anything is wrong. and I don't know if you knew this or not but they can eat celery, bell peppers, cabbage, carrots and kale but avoid vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, and romaine as too much can be harmful, or they offer limited nutritional value. Hope this helped

AlvinVab

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can the base station monitor and alert you for more then one channel at a time because it seems if you have to change channel on the base station it leaves the other stations vulnerable ? thanks for anyone's help on this.. Brent

AlvinVab

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can the base station monitor and alert you for more then one channel at a time because it seems if you have to change channel on the base station it leaves the other stations vulnerable ? thanks for anyone's help on this.. Brent

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So before I got my bearded dragon on Friday I have been wanting one for months and so I researched hardcore prior to getting one because I am an animal lover. But I've never owned reptiles so it was/is very important that I know how to properly care for my animals. So I got Thor on friday he was removed from his previous home by my friend because they weren't properly caring for him and they no longer wanted him. (They bought him for a kid, kid got bored.. etc) Hes about 4 or 5 years old. He is the sweetest thing in the world but he doesnt like to be lifted to be held. I'm assuming he wasn't handled much. But I have a humidity gauge in his tank when it starts to get low I must him and he closes his eyes and starts puffing his beard. Does he not like this or does he really enjoy it because he looks like he enjoys it but I also dont want to be pissing him off. Also I'm assuming this is a good thing but he seems to be getting a brighter yellow color to him versus the brownish pale he was when I brought him home 4 days ago. But is that good or bad? Also I'm open to any tips that I may not know or other facts that I should know. I want him to have the best care i can possibly give him!!
Great that you took Thor on. Kudos! :) When my juvenile was going through his rough patch just after I got him, I questioned the vet about his odd yellow coloring. He was very yellow colored and his beard very black especially during the last few days of his life. The vet said it's a sign of extreme stress. Could be if he was neglected he's not sure what the misting is and it's alarming him. Make sure when your misting him that the water is warm. If he continues with the beard puffing and turning yellow, maybe offer baths instead of misting. Or keeping him hydrated by offering him water via a dropper instead of misting. Once he more comfortable with you and his new environment slowly work on the mistings. Maybe once every few days with only a few sprays until he's more used to it. I know when I mist my baby he leans towards the water and closes his eyes. His little mouth starts going. I didn't start his misting until he'd been with me for a bit and only did like a few brief spurts at first so he'd get use to them. Once he realized they felt good and wouldn't hurt him I was able to really mist him down. He loves them now. Hope this helps.

Shanndoor09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Great that you took Thor on. Kudos! :) When my juvenile was going through his rough patch just after I got him, I questioned the vet about his odd yellow coloring. He was very yellow colored and his beard very black especially during the last few days of his life. The vet said it's a sign of extreme stress. Could be if he was neglected he's not sure what the misting is and it's alarming him. Make sure when your misting him that the water is warm. If he continues with the beard puffing and turning yellow, maybe offer baths instead of misting. Or keeping him hydrated by offering him water via a dropper instead of misting. Once he more comfortable with you and his new environment slowly work on the mistings. Maybe once every few days with only a few sprays until he's more used to it. I know when I mist my baby he leans towards the water and closes his eyes. His little mouth starts going. I didn't start his misting until he'd been with me for a bit and only did like a few brief spurts at first so he'd get use to them. Once he realized they felt good and wouldn't hurt him I was able to really mist him down. He loves them now. Hope this helps.
Thank you! I wouldn't say it's an extreme yellow more of like a yellow hue. Hes not black bearding at all (so far). So I think maybe you're correct that hes confused and isn't sure cause he wasn't puffing last night when I did it and I was like maybe he doesnt like it right now. Lol but maybe he didnt like it the first time and now he is adjusting to it.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you! I wouldn't say it's an extreme yellow more of like a yellow hue. Hes not black bearding at all (so far). So I think maybe you're correct that hes confused and isn't sure cause he wasn't puffing last night when I did it and I was like maybe he doesnt like it right now. Lol but maybe he didnt like it the first time and now he is adjusting to it.
Glad to hear he's liking it better. :) Sounds like he just needs to figure out what's going on. I think the same may be true as far as holding him goes, too. Once he adjusts and realizes you're not going to hurt him, he might become more open to you cuddling him. Try taking him out for brief periods at first. Like 15 minutes. Enough for him to calm down a bit then put him back. He'll eventually grow accustomed to you taking him out and putting him back safely and should become more relaxed about it. :)

Shanndoor09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Glad to hear he's liking it better. :) Sounds like he just needs to figure out what's going on. I think the same may be true as far as holding him goes, too. Once he adjusts and realizes you're not going to hurt him, he might become more open to you cuddling him. Try taking him out for brief periods at first. Like 15 minutes. Enough for him to calm down a bit then put him back. He'll eventually grow accustomed to you taking him out and putting him back safely and should become more relaxed about it. :)
Well he likes to be held he goes straight for the shoulder and just lays down it's just the being lifted part he hates and I think you're right that after a while he'll get used to that and not be so weird about it unless hes like my guinea pig that just hates being lifted but loves cuddles. Thank you for all the tips. I've had a lot of different fur babies and he is my first reptile baby and especially with him not being loved for the first 4-5 years of his life that's all I want to give him for the rest of his life.

AlvinVab

Bearded Dragon Egg
Rob so what your telling me is If I set the black switch in each sensor/unit to different 1 thru 4 that they all will come thru on channel 1 then ? I appreciate all the help.. Brent

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well he likes to be held he goes straight for the shoulder and just lays down it's just the being lifted part he hates and I think you're right that after a while he'll get used to that and not be so weird about it unless hes like my guinea pig that just hates being lifted but loves cuddles. Thank you for all the tips. I've had a lot of different fur babies and he is my first reptile baby and especially with him not being loved for the first 4-5 years of his life that's all I want to give him for the rest of his life.
YW. Sounds like he's adjusting quite well. He's probably thankful and a lot happier in his new home with you. :)

Can't say as I've had little fur babies in quite a while. Not since I was a kid. More like the big ones: dogs, cats, and horses. Never had a guinea pig. My daughter just got a baby guinea pig last week, though. I think it was called a teddy bear something or other. It's multi-colored and fluffy. She doesn't live at home anymore, but last time I was there I asked to hold him. It scared the heck outta me when he started squealing. Thought I was hurting him, sheesh. Boy they are quite vocal. lolol

AlvinVab

Bearded Dragon Egg
Пенсионный фонд России постоянно совершенствуется. Внедряются новейшие технологии ПФРФ. Сейчас практически каждый пользователь может применить разнообразные услуги, не выходя из дома. https://cabinet-pfrf.ru/ Личный кабинет Пенсионного Фонда - подробная контакнтая информация об отделении: номера телефонов горячей линии, график работы, часы приема руководителя, схема проезда до офиса на карте и другая необходимая информация.

AlvinVab

Bearded Dragon Egg
Государственный портал «Госуслуги РФ» позволяет взаимодействовать со всеми органами власти. Зарегистрировавши нем свой личный кабинет можно получать множество государственных услуг, в том числе и от Пенсионного фонда. https://cabinet-pfrf.ru/ Перед получением доступа в аккаунт Пенсионного фонда, следует предварительно зарегистрироваться в ЕСИА (единая система идентификации и аутентификации). Контролировать свои пенсионные начисления граждане страны могут в личном кабинете Пенсионного фонда РФ. Достаточно зайти на официальный сайт ПФ РФ и посмотреть актуальные сведения. Таким образом вы можете распоряжаться своей пенсией круглосуточно и не выходя из дома. В настоящее время через Личный кабинет гражданина на сайте ПФР граждане имеют возможность, не выходя из дома, обратиться за получением наиболее востребованных услуг ПФ.